This is simply one of the easiest crafts that you will ever make. But this printable robot craft is also one of the most fun. My favorite part is that no two will be alike. And it leaves lots of room for imagination. Once you put your robot puppets together, then the real fun begins. You get to create a story and put on a puppet show! What will you story be?
Scroll to the end to see me and my young friend, Simon, create our very own robot puppets. It was so much fun!
Save this Robot Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper lunch bag
- Paint (color of your choice-we picked silver paint)
- Large pompom
- Glue stick
- Robot craft template
I know that it can be a real challenge to find time to craft with your kids. (Trust me…no judgement) But since you are here, that means you want to give it a try. And you will be SO HAPPY that you made the time. I always say it…you will never regret the time you spend creating things with your kids.
So, we have created a system to help you remove some of the barriers to making things with your kids. Our plan is to do more with less. We stick to a master list of basic craft supplies…27 in total and many of which you already have in your home…to make every single creative project on this site and in our ebooks. Once you fill your bag using our master list (and I promise it won’t break the bank), you will be ready to craft away. Just pick something that you want to make, and you already have everything that you need. No extra prep needed.
Printable Robot Craft Instructions
Step 1: Paint the Robot Puppet Craft
- Lay out some newspaper on your work surface to manage the mess.
- Place the paper bag on the newspaper and squeeze out some paint (we used silver)
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush” and paint your bag. *Be sure to use a thin layer of paint.
- Set it aside to give the paint some time to dry
Step 2: Use the Robot Craft Template
- Choose some elements for your robot craft from the printable sheets and print out the ones that you will be using. *You can just print on regular printer paper.
Step 3: Put Your Paper Robot Craft Together
- Now that you have printed out the templates that you want to use, cut out the pieces for your robot. There are no rules for this.
- Finally, add all of the pieces that you have cut out to your robot using your glue stick.
Step 4: Put on a Puppet Show
Now that you know how to make a robot art and craft, it’s time to make MORE! After all, one robot puppet craft is just not enough. Make a collection and create some stories…will they take over the world? Will they learn to knit sweaters? Will they build their own robot puppies? The only limit is your imagination.
If you need a puppet stage, here is one of our favorites…