This iguana coloring pages craft is more than it appears at first glance. First of all, it uses one of my absolute favorite craft supplies…washi tape! Seriously, if you have not used washi tape in crafting before, it is life changing. I love it because it is, first of all, cheap. Plus it comes in every color and pattern you can image. Cheap and pretty…a winning combo in my opinion.
But beyond being fun to make, this lizard craft is also perfect for working on fine motor skills. The tearing, placing, moving and removing of the washi tape lends itself to using the refined tip pinch that we like to see children develop so that they can do things like hold a pencil better.
Save this Iguana Craft for Preschool for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Crayons (or markers)
- Washi tape
- Iguana craft template
I love when a craft takes just a few items to complete and yet still keeps the door open to loads of creativity. Really, we always strive to do more with less around here, and we stick to a basic list of just 27 items that we use for every single creative project on this site and in our kids’ craft ebooks. This may seem a little strange, but it really does make it actually possible for families to craft together with way less prep.
Just imagine if you found yourself with 15 minutes where you wanted to just spend some quality time with the kids…make a craft! If you have filled your bag using our master list, you are ready to go at a moment’s notice…no additional prep needed…yay!
Iguana Coloring Page Craft Instructions
Step 1: Use the Iguana Craft Template
- Print the iguana craft template of your choice. *If you do not have access to a printer, you can also draw an iguana picture instead.
Step 2: Color Your Lizard Craft
- Use crayons or markers to color your lizard craft.
- Be sure to add as much detail as you would like and really make it your own.
Step 3: Add the Washi Tape
- Now pull out the washi tape.
- Tear off pieces for whatever length you would like the spikes to be. They can be short or long.
- Put the washi tape pieces in place for the scales of your iguana craft.
Step 4: Design a Background (Optional)
- If you want to, use your crayons of markers to add some design to the background of your image. Maybe your want to add some hearts or polka dots or stripes…or whatever!