This super simple fall craft can go together as quickly as 5 minutes. Though you can also take your time making this paper bag acorn craft by adding more details or creating several at a time. Once you are done with your acorn crafts, put on a puppet show. Create a story and tell it to your friends and family. You may want to make some props or other characters to go with your paper bag puppets.
You may also like these other fall crafts:
Save this Fall Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper lunch bag
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Glue stick
- Acorn craft template
If you are new around here, I want to give you the good news…crafting with your kids does not need to hard! Seriously…we have found a way to simplify the process to reduce the amount of prep that you need to do to enjoy quality creative time with your kids. Just fill your bag using our master list which includes 27 inexpensive craft supplies that we use to make every single creative project here at “In the Bag Kids’ Crafts”. We never stray form the list. So, once your fill your bag, you are ready to go! It doesn’t get easier than that.
Paper Bag Acorn Craft Instructions
Step 1: Prepare the Paper Lunch Bag
- Trim away about 1″ off the opening of the paper lunch bag.
- Then shape it into a rounded point, like the shape of the bottom of an acorn.
Step 2: Use the Acorn Craft Template
- Use the printable template to cut an acorn top out of some construction paper. We used traditional brown for the top of our acorn, but you can choose whatever color you like.
Step 3: Add the Top to Your Acorn Fall Craft
- Glue the top of the acorn onto the flap of the paper lunch bag. That way when you put your hand in and lift the flap, the acorn tips his “hat”.
Step 4: Finish Off the Acorn Craft
- Now give your acorn a little bit of personality but adding a face and whatever other details you would like. You can even add some googly eyes, if you choose, since you have them in your craft bag.
Now that you know how to make an acorn craft using a simple paper lunch bag, it’s time to make some plans to play with your creation. What stories can you think of to tell with your paper bag acorn craft? Are they solving crimes, like where did the squirrel hide their friends? Or maybe they are part of an adventure, saving the world from killer chipmunks. Maybe this puppet stage will help you put on a show. It fits into a doorway…
Save this Autumn Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…