Learn to make this easy summertime kids’ craft with just a few popsicle sticks and some construction paper. You already have what you need in your bag! What bag, you say? Well, the one you put together using my free printable list HERE, of course.
Oh the pleasure of biting into a big, juicy, sweet pear! (That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode about the perfect plum…seen it?) And this one is so fun to make. Plus, this simple summertime kids’ craft is even better when paired with the entire fruit basket! Cute on its own but becomes frame worthy when made into a collection of colorful summer fruit. Great for any kitchen or to gift to someone you love. Make THIS strawberry…and more to come this week!
Get this simple triangle shaped craft, along with all of our fan favorites in the new kids’ crafts eBook!
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Elmer’s glue
- Medium pompom
- 3 large popsicle sticks
- Green construction paper
- Scraps of brown and yellow construction paper
- White paint
- Glue stick
- Black marker
**Be sure to build your kit so that you are never left without all of the “ingredients” to craft along with EVERY…SINGLE…ONE of the projects on this blog. For more details, check out the “fill your bag” tab.
- Glue together 3 large popsicle sticks using Elmer’s glue to form a triangle
- Let the glue dry thoroughly
- If you haven’t done so already, make several triangles now so that you are ready to do more triangle projects later.
- Trace the triangle onto a green piece of construction paper
- Draw a smaller triangle just inside the traced line, approximately 1/4″
- Place the wooden triangle on a paper plate
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Squeeze out a small amount of green paint onto the plate and paint the triangle
- While the paint dries, move on to step 4
- Cut out the paper triangle (the inside one)
- Once the paint has completely dried, use the glue stick to adhere the paper to the back of the popsicle stick frame
- Add some details to the pear
- Cut out a small step from the scrap of brown paper
- Cut out a small leaf and add details from the scrap of yellow paper
- Glue the stem and leaf in place
- Add a couple of white dots (for character)
And there you have it…an easy summertime kids’ craft. Stick around, and we will make the entire fruit basket, with lots of colorful, sweet fruit, before the week is out! Make one or make them all, pick and choose!