This printable owl craft is perfect for those little creators who really like to explore everything in the craft bag. In this example, we have used crayons and paper, but you can add paint, beads, tissue paper squares, washi tape or whatever else you have on hand to decorate your owl. This is literally a blank canvas, and you are free to make your animal craft however you want. The only limit is your imagination.
Save this Printable Owl Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Construction paper (color of your choice)
- Glue stick
- Owl craft template
The key to making crafting with your kids actually do-able, even when life is hectic (because, let’s face it…when isn’t it hectic when you have children?) is doing more with less. With that in mind, we have taken a unique approach to kids’ crafts here.
Instead of building up closets full of supplies where you never even know what you actually have, and it is always a battle to keep it organized…we stick to just one bag of basic supplies. Fill your bag using our master list, and you will have EVERYTHING that you need to create every single creative project you find on this site and in our kids’ craft ebooks.
Printable Owl Craft Instructions
Step 1: Print It Out
- Print the template for your owl art and craft. It works best if printed on cardstock but regular printer paper will work too.
Step 2: Color
- Color your owl using the crayons (or markers) in whatever colors you like.
- Leave the tummy uncolored since we will be adding something there in step 4.
Step 3: Cut It Out
- Print the second page of the printable owl craft.
- Cut the ovals out of whatever color of construction paper you want. You will need at least three but can make more if you want the owl’s belly to have more of a 3D effect.
- Use your makers to add some feathers to the cut outs.
Step 4: Put Together Your Owl Craft
- Fold the ovals exactly in half
- Then glue the sides together until all of your ovals are connected in a half circle kind of shape
- Glue the cut outs onto the tummy of your paper owl craft
Now that you know how to make this owl craft, maybe you want to make several. Create a rainbow of paper owl crafts. You might also like to make these paper bag owls or this snowy owl as part of the collection.