This paper turtle craft is extra special because it is made from recycle newspaper which you likely already have on hand. Why let something go to waste when you can make something so adorable instead? And make crafting even easier by printing out the free template.
Save this Paper Turtle Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Green construction paper
- Markers (or paint)
- Googly eyes (self-adhesive)
- Stapler with staples
- Turtle craft printable
Turtle Craft Instructions
Step 1: Cut Out the Shell
- Chose a piece of newspaper that is either primarily black and white print, without many pictures or ads, or the comics.
- Layer 2 pieces of newspaper together and draw a large oval shape.
- Cut out 2 identical oval shapes.
Step 2: Use the Turtle Craft Printable
- Print out the turtle craft template
- Use it to cut out all of the turtle parts from green construction paper
Step 3: Put It Together
- Slide the head of the turtle between the 2 pieces of newspaper and secure it with a staple.
- Then do the same with the turtle’s legs and tail.
- Staple around the rest of the turtle’s shell, except for a section about 5 to 6 inches wide so that you can add the stuffing later.
Step 4: Add Details to Your Paper Turtle Craft
- Place the turtle’s eyes
- Add some details to your turtle craft using your markers.
- If you chose black and white print instead of the comics, this is a good time to also decorate your shell. Every turtle should look different, just like in nature.
Step 5: Stuff It
- Tear strips of newspaper and crumple them into balls.
- Now place the balls of crumpled newspaper into the opening that you left
- Fill up the shell until it is puffy. You may need to use the eraser end of your pencil to push the crumpled paper into all of your shell. *Do not over-stuff.
Step 6: Finish Off the Easy Turtle Craft for Kids
- Now close the opening of the shell with some staples to finish off your paper turtle craft.