I have never seen little ones having more fun than when they are engaged in dinosaur activities. And when I decided to make these oversized Longneck dino crafts I wanted to get a better idea on how to design his head. But did you know that there are so many kinds of longnecks…from the Brachiosaurus to the Argentinosaurus, Sauroposeidon, Giraffatitan and even one called the Supersaurus. Now that’s a name.
And since I couldn’t decide on one design for these dinosaur arts and crafts, you will have access to 2 different designs to choose from. One is a little toothy and the other is a veggie eater. Be sure to make them your own and really put your imagination into the craft. Just use your imagination.
Save these Dino Crafts for later. Pin them to your favorite Pinterest board…
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 3 Pieces construction paper (whatever color you want for your dino)
- Single hole punch
- Large googly eye
- Metal brads
- Optional: Paint to match paper, q-tip and paper plate
- Dinosaur craft template
It’s amazing that such a large craft (did I mention that it measures about 54″?) takes just a few basic craft supplies, starting with just some pieces of paper. And these supplies are included on the master list that we use for every single creative project. It really does make life so much easier…less prep, less mess, more fun! Get the list of 27 items so that you can fill your bag and craft along.
Optional Step: Paint the Brads
- This step is not essential, but if you have brads that are not already the color of your construction paper, you may want to paint them to match.
- Simple squeeze a small bit of craft paint onto a paper plate, the same color as the paper you have chosen, and use a q-tip to paint the ends of each brad.
- Set them aside so that they have time to dry while you move on to the first step.
Step 1: Use the Dinosaur Craft Template
- Print out the dinosaur craft template. There are 2 different head designs to choose from.
- Place your paper under the template and cut out the pattern.
- Then use your hole punch to place the hole where your dino’s neck will attach.
Step 2: Cut Out the Neck Pieces for your Dinosaur Crafts
- Now you are going to print the third page of the templates that give you the dino neck measures.
- Cut the little strips to use for measure out your Dino neck pieces.
- With the construction paper laying landscape in front of you, cut across the paper, one for each measurement.
- Once your strips are cut, round the corners a bit. This step is optional, and if you are crafting with little ones you will want to skip it.
- Finally, punch a hole in the center of each end of your rectangles, except for one end of the biggest section of the neck.
Step 3: Design Your Paper Craft Dino Face
- Use the markers and black Sharpie to add details to the face of your longneck dino crafts. This will look differently depending on what dinosaur template you chose.
- Then add the large googly eye. Wow, he (or she) is impressive! And this is your chance to put your own personality into the craft. Your dinosaur should look however you want it to.
Step 4: Put Together Your DIY Dinosaur Crafts
- The final step of your DIY dinosaur crafts is to use the metal brads to attach each of the pieces, giving your dinosaur a nice long neck.
- Now that your longneck dinosaur is all together, add a few more details to his neck, like wrinkles and spots or whatever.
- And finally, play away! Start creating stories and
With the exception of the head, the cutting for this craft is very basic. So that makes these perfect preschool dinosaur crafts. And all little ones should be a part of dinosaur craft activities for early years. I cannot wait to see what games and activities you come up with to use these impressive dino crafts.