Here is the fourth card in the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS CARDS series, and I think that it is my favorite so far! (But just wait until tomorrow) This Santa Claus Christmas Card has a couple of unique features, with the center opening and, of course, Santa in a rather awkward position. I smiled as I was making it, and I hope that it makes you smile too. I know that whoever receives this card will also be smiling wide. And now you will know how to make Santa Claus from paper as he slides down the chimney (see link for printable Santa to color later in this post).
Check out our eBook that brings together the very best Christmas card ideas for kids (12 Days of them!) into one place. Click here to learn more!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
I am so glad you found us here at “In the Bag Kids’ Crafts”, and you must be wondering why the name. It is a little odd…I know. But the name says it all. I have designed all of the projects on this site to be made from the same master list of craft supplies. This makes the process of crafting with your kids more streamlined…ready to create a moment’s notice with zero prep, no stress and limited mess, since everything just goes right back in the bag. Want to know what to put in your bag so that you are ready to go…CLICK HERE?
Save this with your Santa crafts on Pinterest…
- Fold the right and left side of the red construction paper in so that the ends meet in the middle. This will create a card that opens at center, like 2 doors.
- Cut a strip of white paper approximately 2 inch wide and just longer than the top of the card.
- Snip it in half and glue it in place at the top of the card.
- Draw bricks on the front and inside of the card. You don’t need to make it too fancy, just free-hand some lines.
- First, draw (or use the printable below) Santa and color him in.
- Then, cut Santa Claus out and use the glue stick to adhere him to the black construction paper
- Last, cut around Santa, leaving a small border of black paper all around the outside
- Glue Santa Claus into the inside of the card, upside down, with his boots poking out the top.
- For a finishing touch, cut a word bubble out of the remaining white paper and write your Christmas message on it. Glue it in place.