To make these adorable Christmas puppets, just print the template and you are ready to go. The best thing about puppets is that they are not just fun to make, but they are even more fun to play with. Create your own stories and present a puppet show to your friends and family. And finger puppets are a great thing to take with you on a trip, or even to a restaurant to keep the kids occupied while waiting for the food to arrive.
Give handmade holiday cards from the heart this year. These 12 Christmas card designs are all you need!
Save these Finger Puppets for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Construction paper (variety of colors)
- Glue stick
- Black Sharpie marker
- Christmas puppets template
The items on this list are part of a master list of kids’ craft supplies that we use for every single creative project on this site. That may seem a little strange, but we truly believe in doing less with more. And this approach makes crafting with your kids so much easier, reducing prep and increase the actual time you have to spend together. Fill you bag using our master list.
Step 1: Use the Christmas Puppets Template
- Print the Christmas puppets template.
- Use it to cut out the pieces for each of the 4 Christmas puppets. *Reference the picture below for what colors of construction paper to use.
Step 2: Decorate Your Finger Puppets
- First use the glue stick to put the hats on the elf and Santa.
- Then glue Frosty’s nose in place, just putting glue on the fat end.
- Draw faces on all of your Christmas puppets
- Last, add the beard and hat fluff to your Santa puppet.
Step 3: Create the Cones
- Form each of your Christmas puppets into cones and secure with glue in the back.
- To finish off Rudolph, glue his antlers in place.
- For Frosty, flue the rectangle into a tube and glue it onto his head. Then add the brim of the hat.
- Finally, add a puff to the top of Santa’s hat.
Step 4: Put on a Puppet Show
- Now that you have your Christmas puppets created, make up a story and put on a puppet show. (*Check out the tabletop puppet stage.)