Halloween Kids’ Craft: Washi Tape Bracelets
This craft combines two of my favorite things (and one of my cat’s favorite things)…Halloween and WASHI TAPE! (Oh, the cat’s favorite thing…the pipe cleaners. If I forget to close my craft bag, we find them all over the house in the morning. He pulls them out one by one and plays with it. Then goes back for another 🙂 I think that his favorite color is aqua). You will love how quick and easy this Halloween kids’ craft is to make. And, don’t worry, you do not need any Halloween themed washi tape (unless you want to). Just something in black and orange will do just fine.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Pipe cleaner
- Washi tape in various Halloween colors
You know, it is ok not to be able to DO IT ALL. Really…no one can, even if it looks that way on Instagram. Those little squares can be so deceiving. So, don’t worry about not being perfect at being a mom. But I do know that you want to spend quality time with your kids, as difficult as that may seem some days. What does quality time look like to you? It probably looks different to you than it does to you child. You see it as making an experience that requires work and preparation. They see it as just being with you, doing whatever you are doing. Sometimes that will just mean letting them stir the bowl while you make dinner or hanging with you on the couch while you watch a movie and eat popcorn.
And then there will be times when you do an activity together that is fun and interactive. Sitting side by side creating while you chat about the day. That is where I come in. Stick with me, prepare your bag (which shouldn’t take you long, especially if you just follow the Amazon links), and then let me feed you all the ideas that you need to make a great experience. You don’t even need to be creative yourself, I swear! Now get to making some memories.
- Cut a piece of washi tape approxiately 6 inches long
- Starting in the middle of the pipe cleaner, wrap it around the pipe cleaner until you get to the end. Squeeze it tight.
- Repeat this until you have several washi tape “beads” on the pipe cleaner, enough to go around your wrist.
- Make a loop on one end of the pipe cleaner and twist.
- Put it on your wrist and loop the other end through. Twist closed and snip off the excess.