Fall Kids’ Craft: Halloween Cat’s Eye
I don’t know that I would call this craft easy since it does take some coordination to complete the weaving. But once your kiddo has the technique down, it goes quick and is fun, even relaxing in a way. Once the weaving is done, we are going to customize it into a fall kids’ craft, adding Halloween inspired details. Though, you can really take this and make it any way you like. It doesn’t need to be specific for fall. Paint a rainbow on it, or add red, green and white pompoms to make it into a Christmas ornament. The sky’s the limit. So, use your imagination and go for it!
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 2 large popsicle sticks
- Elmer’s glue
- White yarn
- Items from your craft bag to decorate the cat’s eye
- Paint with a q-tip
- Mini pompoms
- Supplies to make a spider
It is my job to make your life easier and to make spending time with your children meaningful, fun and time efficient. I get that the last one does not sound at all sexy, but that is the reality of our lives. We cannot spend all day trying to prepare the perfect experience with our kids. If we try to make things just so, we will fail. And then we feel like sh*&%# parents. But you are a good mom!!! So, give yourself a break, and let me help you with this one thing. Go HERE and prepare your craft bag. Then you are done, and my job starts (I keep saying job, but really, there is no pay, and I hired myself…could be worse). Once your craft kit is together, you will be able to grab it and complete any craft on this blog with your kiddo…ANY CRAFT…really! I hope this helps. And, please, let me know if there is anything else that I can do to make your life a little easier. I mean that sincerely.
- Glue the 2 popsicle sticks together in a cross formation
- Allow the glue to dry thoroughly
- Tie the yarn in the center of the popsicle stick cross.
- Wrap the yarn around the popsicle sticks in a pattern. See the video for details.
- Decorate the cat’s eye with orange and black (Halloween themed) items from your craft bag. You can take inspiration from the samples here but make it your own. Use your imagination!!!