Today let’s make a monkey craft because who can be sad when you see a monkey? Especially when it is a monkey that dances when you pull a string. Seriously, this craft is so much fun. And we have provided a free printable template to make crafting even easier.
Save this Monkey Paper Plate Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 4 Paper plates (9-inch coated)
- Glue stick
- Brown paint
- Medium pompom
- Scrap of light brown paper
- 2 Googly eyes
- Single hole punch
- 4 Metal brads
- White yarn
- Monkey craft template
It can be a challenge to find time to craft with your kids. Time just seems to fly by, and we wonder where each week has gone. But you do not want to miss out on crafting with your kids…or you wouldn’t be here. So, we have made it a little bit easier by doing more with less and keeping prep to an absolute minimum. We stick to a finite list of supplies, just 27 items, that fit into one bag. And we use those 27 items to make every single creative project on this site and in our kids’ crafts ebooks. Now get to it. Fill your bag and start making loads of crafts with your kids with ease.
Monkey Craft Instructions
- Lay out some newspaper to contain any craft messiness
- Then squeeze out some brown paint
- Pinch the pompom with a clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Paint the bottom of 4 paper plates and give them time to dry. *You may need to give it a second coat for full coverage.
- Print out the 2 pages of the monkey craft template.
- Once the paint has dried on your paper plates, use the template to cut out all of the parts.
- Also cut the center of the monkey face and the center of the ears (not included in the template) out of your scrap of light brown paper.
- From the scraps that you have left, cut a curly tail for your monkey craft.
- Use the single hole punch to punch all of the holes where indicated.
- Put the monkey’s face together by first using the glue stick to add the light brown middle to the monkey’s face.
- Then put the ears together and glue them in place.
- Now add the googly eyes
- And finally draw the other details onto your monkey’s face.
- It’s time to put the pieces of your monkey together.
- Use your glue stick to attach the head and tail.
- Then place the metal brads (I happened to have brown ones on hand, but you an use whatever you want). There are 2 holes side by side on the arms and legs. Use the hole that is second in to attach each of the parts to the body of your paper plate monkey craft.
- Let’s add the mechanism.
- Cut pieces of white yarn that will go between the arms and the legs. Tie a piece of yarn across each section that is just big enough while the arms and legs are in a resting position.
- Next tie another piece of yarn that goes vertically between the pieces of yarn you just put in place.
- Finally, add a pull string to the bottom.