Elephant Craft for Kids
Did you know that elephants are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. this elephant craft for kids is not only easy to make with the template, but it offers a great opportunity to learn about these special creatures. And since it stands up on its own, make several and put on a show or create a story. Or maybe you want to make him some friends.
How about making this giraffe craft or a more non-traditional friend like these llamas or a kangaroo.
Here are some Elephant Fun Facts
- You probably already know that they are the world’s largest land animal, weighing up to 6 tons.
- Different species have slightly different shaped ears. That’s how you can tell the African and Asian varieties apart.
- The tusks are actually teeth that grow throughout their entire lives.
- Elephants communicate in a variety of ways, including trumpet calls, body language, touch, scent and vibration.
- They truly never forget.
To learn even more interesting facts about elephants, check out this article by Mom Junction.
Save this Elephant Craft for Kids for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Gray construction paper
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Elephant craft template printable
Elephant Craft Instructions
Step 1: Use the Craft Template
- Print out the elephant craft template
- Then use it to cut all of the parts out of gray construction paper
Step 2: Start to Assemble Your Elephant Crafts
- Glue the parts of the paper elephant craft together using your glue stick.
Step 3: Give Your Elephant Some Details
- Print out the sheet of animal eyes and pick out a pair to cut out.
- Cut them out and glue them in place.
- OR…put googly eyes in place.
- Then use your markers to add details to the elephant craft.
Step 4: Finish Off Your Elephant Craft for Kids
- Put some glue on the top of the back section of the elephant and adhere it to the front.
- Fold the back out a bit around the tail so that the entire elephant is in a kind of A frame formation.
- Then fold each of the feet slightly to help the elephant stand up better.
- Finally, use a pencil or marker to curl the tail, trunk and the ears.
Now that you know how to make an elephant craft, don’t stop there. Do something with your creation. Make up a story. Create and entire circus. Cut out costume pieces from scraps of paper and dress up your elephant. The only limit is your imagination.
More Paper Crafts for Kids to try
We love paper crafts so much. You can check out this article for 100 paper craft ideas.
- Armadillo Craft
- Crocodile Craft
- Woodland Animal Crafts
- Lion Craft
- Paper Chain Boredom Buster
- Paper Hammerhead Shark Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Craft
- Shapes Art and Craft
- Bumblebee Craft
- Paper Possum Craft
- Paper Shark Craft
- Paper Mouse Craft
- Simple Paper Flowers
- Paper Hedgehog Craft
- Life-Sized Sunflower