This paper turkey craft would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving holiday table. It’s a fun way to get the kids involved in the festivities. Have them make several and add then to the table for a pop of color. And no two turkeys should look the same. Make them as individual and unique as you are.
Here are a few more Thanksgiving crafts to make for your the feast:
Save this Thanksgiving Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- White and brown construction paper
- Scraps of red and yellow construction paper
- Glue stick
- Crayons (or markers)
- 2 Small googly eyes
- Thanksgiving craft printable
I love crafts that take just a few basic supplies. It’s our motto to do more with less. Isn’t that a great way to live anyway? We do this by sticking to the same master list of basic supplies to make every single creative project on this site and in our kids’ craft ebooks. Stock up your bag using our list (either print it our or use the convenient Amazon links), like a pantry. Once it’s stocked, you can craft and craft, without missing any key “ingredients” for your projects.
Paper Turkey Craft Instructions
Step 1: Color
- Color stripes on 2 pieces of white construction paper. There is no right way to do this. Use any colors you want, make the stripes as wide or narrow as you want and color them in either a horizontal or vertical direction. The picture gives an example of one way that you can do this.
Step 2: Accordion Fold
- Fold each of the colored pieces of paper into an accordion. Fold each the same width since we will be putting them together later.
- Take one of the fold accordions and fold it in half lengthwise.
- Use your glue stick to form it into a fan shape.
- Do the same with the other colored and folded piece of paper.
Step 3: Use the Thanksgiving Craft Printable
- Print out the turkey craft printable
- Use it to cut out all of the parts of your turkey.
- Be sure to make 2 wings, 2 beaks and 2 waddles so that we can make the paper turkey craft 3D.
Step 4: Put Together Your Fall Craft
- Glue the parts of your turkey together.
- Once you add the parts to one side of your turkey craft, flip it over and add the parts to the other side too.
- Place the googly eyes.
Step 5: Attach the Turkey Feathers
- Now it’s time to put your paper turkey craft all together.
- Just sandwich the body of the turkey between the 2 colorful fans that you made.
- Use the glue stick to secure the pieces all together.
- Pull the turkey wings away from the tail feathers instead of gluing then down.
Now that you know how to make this paper turkey craft, what will you do with him? Maybe there is a story that you would like to tell. Or maybe you will make him some friends and put on show. Check out these great Thanksgiving books that may give you some inspiration…