Looking for a fun way to practice fine motor skills with your little ones? This preschool fall tree craft craft is perfect and really is one of the simplest activities you will even do. But it is often the simplest crafts that have the biggest impact.
The tearing and placing of little pieces of washi tape is not only a great fine motor activity, but it will also be a fun way to practice bilateral coordination (working the 2 sides of the body together). And these skills are needed for kiddos to become more and more independent, both with daily activities and school readiness tasks.
Save this Fall Tree Craft for Toddlers for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Washi tape (in Fall colors)
- Fall tree printable
This Autumn tree craft uses one of my all time favorite craft supplies…washi tape! It’s so versatile and inexpensive and comes in any pattern and color you can imagine. I always keep a few rolls in my kids’ craft bag. It’s one of the items that is on the master list we use for every single creative project on this site (and in our kids’ craft ebooks). Just fill your bag, and you are ready to craft with your kiddos on a moment’s notice…no extra prep needed! So, get to it already.
Fall Tree Craft for Preschoolers Instructions
Step 1: Use the Fall Craft Template
- Print the fall tree craft printable. There are 2 versions. Just pick one and print it out. *If you don’t have access to a printer, you can also just free-hand draw a tree with branches and no leaves.
Step 2: Add the Washi Tape Leaves
- Now it’s time to give your tree some leaves. Choose a roll of washi tape that is in the fall color scheme (eg-orange, yellow, red, etc.)
- Tear off small pieces of tape and put them all over the tree.
- Switch to another roll of washi tape, again in the Autumn color scheme, and add some more “leaves” to your fall tree arts and crafts.
- Keep adding leaves until you like how full the tree is.
- *We also added a few leaves to the ground around the tree.
Save these Tree Activities for Preschoolers for later. Pin to your favorite Pinterest board…
Now that you know how to make this fall tree craft for kindergarten or preschool or even toddlers, maybe you want to make an entire Autumn display. Just keep printing and adding the washi tape. It really is kind of addicting. Enjoy!