Puffy Ghost Craft Puppets
You can easily guess what makes this puffy ghost craft so puffy…cotton balls. And the pulling of cotton is a great way for little ones to work on fine motor skills and bilateral coordination. Plus, playing with cotton balls is a wonderful sensory play activity for our sensory seekers. The best part of this Halloween craft is that when we add the popsicle stick handle it turns into a puppet that leads to creative play opportunities.
Check out some of these other Halloween crafts too:
- Yarn Wrapped Ghost Crafts
- Ghost Weaving Craft
- Halloween Paddle Ball
- Halloween Monster Arts and Crafts
Save this Cotton Ball Ghost Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plate (9-inch coated)
- Elmer’s glue
- Cotton balls
- Scraps of black paper
- 2 Googly eyes
- Large popsicle stick
- Scotch tape
- Ghost craft template
Crafting with your kids has so many benefits, obvious and hidden. And I know that you don’t want to miss out on those many positives or you wouldn’t be here. So, there is just one more thing for you to do, and I promise you it will be worth it. Go to the “fill your bag” page and stock up on the 27 items that we use for every single creative project here on the site and in our kids’ crafts ebooks. Once you take care of this one thing, you will be ready to craft at any time and make memories for a lifetime.
Puffy Ghost Craft Instructions
Step 1: Use the Ghost Craft Template
- Print out the ghost template or freehand draw ghosts.
- Then use the template to cut ghosts out of paper plates.
Step 2: Add Fluffy Cotton
- Put some Elmer’s glue on the cut out ghost.
- Then pull some cotton balls apart to make them fluffy.
- Cover all of the ghost with puffy cotton.
Step 3: Give Your Ghost Some Personality
- Put some googly eyes in place.
- Next cut the rest of the face pieces from scraps of construction paper
- Use the Elmer’s glue to attach all of the pieces to the face
- Set it aside for a minute to let the glue set.
Optional Step 4: Make It a Puppet
- Once the glue has dried, turn the ghost craft over to the back.
- Attach a large popsicle stick with tape to turn the craft into a puppet.
Now that you know how to make this Halloween craft, make even more ghosts. After all, the more the merrier (or the scarier). Make several, giving them different personalities and create a story.