Simple Dancer Crafts (with Colorful Dresses!)
Are you a dancer or have a dancer in your life that you want to make something special for? These dancer crafts are the perfect thing! You can even mimic their favorite dancing clothes when making the skirt. Or, don’t use our template dancer silhouettes, but instead make an actual silhouette of you (or your friend) dancing from a favorite photo instead. Just copy it, enlarge it and cut it our on the black construction paper (see step 3). I can’t wait to see what you make 🙂
Save these Dancer Crafts for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 2 Paper plates (9-inch coated)
- Black construction paper
- Glue stick
- Tissue paper (assorted colors cut into 1″ squares)
- Dancer Craft Template
Like every craft you will find on this site, these dancer crafts stick to supplies that come from the master list we use for every creative project. There are 27 basic items on the list, each one carefully curated because of their usefulness, inexpensive price tag, utility and opportunity for promoting creativity. Once you fill up your bag, you are ready to craft along with less mess, less fuss, less prep and way more fun! Find out what to put in your bag today.
Step 1: Make Your Dancer’s Skirt
- Fold your paper plate in half.
- Now glue on squares of tissue paper on half of the plate, in whatever design you would like for your dancer’s skirt. You can use our designs as an example, but feel free to use whatever colors and patterns you like.
Step 2: Prep the Paper Plate Craft
- With the plate folded in half, cut a small sliver away in the center of the plate (2-3″ long).
- This is where you will glue in the dancer’s body.
Step 3: Use the Dancer Themed Craft Template
- Print the dancer crafts template.
- Then roughly cut out one of the dancers, of your choice.
- Lay the roughly cut out dancer onto the black construction paper and then cut out the dancer silhouette.
*If you prefer, cut out the dancer from the template and trace it with a pencil onto the black construction paper. Then cut it out.
Step 4: Put Together Your Easy Dance Craft
- From the second paper plate, cut out a long, thin rectangle from the center, not wider than your dancer. Avoid the curved sections of the plate for this. Your rectangle should be flat.
- Slip the bottom part of your cut out dancer’s body into the slit the you made in the middle of the paper plate.
- Then glue it in place.
- To add a little bit of stability to your dancer craft, glue the cut out paper plate triangle onto the back as shown.
Save these dance themed crafts for later. Pin to your favorite Pinterest board…
These simple dancer crafts are colorful and fun. I have used bright colors, like in flamenco dancing. But you can use whatever colors you like, maybe you want to make the skirt look like pink tulle or in black and white. Your dancer can be wearing whatever kind of skirt you want. These are just dance craft ideas to get you started, but this craft is all yours. Make it your own!
Here’s another idea you can use to really personalize these dancer crafts…Take a photo of yourself posed in a dancing position, scan it, enlarge it and use it as the template to cut out on black construction paper. Then you are actually a part of your craft. If you try this, I would love to see it. Share it with our Facebook Group.