We are saying that this a bird nest craft for preschoolers because what preschooler doesn’t love to stick their fingers into paint and go at it? But this bird nest art and craft is also a great little project for children of any age. Add a message to the project and it turns into a special little gift for someone special. It would even make a nice Mother’s Day craft.
Save this Bird in Nest Craft. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Washi tape (yellow and brown designs)
- Blue paint
- Paper plate
- Black Sharpie marker
- Bird Nest Craft Printable Template
All of the supplies used in this simple Spring craft come from the same master list of basic supplies that we use for every single creative project on this site. We stick to the list without fail so that once you fill up your bag, you will be ready to make anything that you see hear. Fill you bag, and you are ready to go. Crafting with your kids is now actually possible, even when life is hectic.
Check out these Bird books which will be great to pair with your Preschool Bird Nest Craft…
Step 1: Color the Bird Nest Craft
- Print the Bird Nest Craft template.
- OR…if you do not have access to a printer, draw a tree trunk with one branch on a piece of construction paper .
- Color the picture.
Step 2: Add the Nest
- You are going to make your nest out of yellow and brown washi tape.
- Tear pieces of washi tape, placing them on the branch of the tree close to the trunk.
- Keep adding pieces of washi tape until the nest is built.
Step 3: Make the Fingerprint Birds
- Squeeze a little bit of blue paint out onto the paper plate.
- Dip your index finger into the paint and press it onto the paper plate.
- Then press it onto your picture, just above the nest.
- Make three blue fingerprints which will be your little birdies.
- Give the paint some time to dry.
Step 4: Finishing Touches for Your Bird Nest Art and Craft
- Once the paint has dried, draw a beak onto each of your little birds in the nest.
- Then use the black Sharpie marker to add the eyes to your birds.
Save this Bird Nest Craft for Preschoolers for later. Pin to your favorite Pinterest board…
Now that you know how to make a bird nest craft, it’s time for you to put your imagination to good use and make this craft your own. These are just bird nest craft ideas, but you can change the colors and design, add clouds and a sun or a mama bird feeding her little chickies. The only limit is your imagination. And even though this is a great preschool bird nest craft, it is really great for kids of any age. They will love being creative with this simple project.