A take on the classic earworm “5 Little Monkeys”, the “5 Little Pumpkins” song and story are a frequent visitor to every preschool classroom across the country this time of year. Pair it with this 5 Little Pumpkins Kids’ Craft and create an entire lesson plan around it.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Orange paint
- Large popsicle stick
- Paper plate
- Black sharpie
- Green marker
If you are new around here, let me give you a little tutorial on what we mean by “In the Bag”…visit HERE and you will find a free printable list, or Amazon links to use if you prefer, to prepare your craft bag. Our system is designed for you to spend a little bit of time in preparation just once, which then allows you to create with your family any time you find a spare moment in your very hectic day. All you need to do is get out your kit that you already prepared and browse through the blog to find something you will all enjoy making. Stress free! Because we all looking for opportunities to connect with our children in a meaningful way, and we hope to help.
- Place the large popsicle stick on the paper plate
- Squeeze a little orange paint onto the plate and place your thumb in the paint
- Blot on the plate and then form the first pumpkin on the popsicle stick
- Repeat this process until there are 5 stacked pumpkins
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly
While you are waiting for the paint to dry in order to move on to the second step, read the 5 little pumpkins story or sing the song (a few times). You can listen to the story on Youtube HERE.
- Once the paint is dry, draw faces on each pumpkin using the black sharpie to make them into jack-o-lanterns (Make them your own and get creative!)
- Draw on a little grass and a pumpkin stem on the very top pumpkin
Place the bookmark inside the book and move it up and down as you go through the story so that the correct number of pumpkins is showing. Have your kiddo count them with his/her finger at each stage.