I remember having a Care Bears party when I was little. Now, this isn’t exactly the same, though who says you have to paint this teddy bear gift bag brown? Why not make it pink or purple or blue? There are no limits here. Use your imagination with the design of this teddy bear kids craft and also what you will use the gift bag for when it is finished. And don’t forget to share your creations and stories at [email protected]! I love seeing what you make!
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper bag
- Brown paint
- Medium pompom of any color
- 2 large googly eyes
- Elmer’s glue
- Small or medium black pompom
- Black sharpie marker
- Draw bear ears about halfway up on the front of the paper bag
- Cut the ears out
- Trim the excess off of the sides and back of the bag, making a straight edge
- Pinch the medium pompom (not black) with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Place the project on a piece of newspaper
- Tap paint the front of the paper bag using the brown paint. Put the paint on in a light layer.
- Allow paint to dry
This is a great craft for preschoolers (as long as you help with cutting out the ears) because there is no way to make the painting look wrong or too messy. You can just let your little one do their own thing, and they will totally be successful and not meltdown into frustration (been there!). And then there is the opportunity to work on fine motor skills and visual perceptual skill (how the parts of the face fit together).
- Using the Elmer’s glue, adhere the googly eyes onto the bag
- Glue the black pompom on for a nose
- Allow the glue to dry
- Use the black sharpie to draw on a mouth and add other details as desired
- Open the bag and fill it with goodies