Who doesn’t love a sweet little fox? And this easy paper fox craft puppet is so simple and fun to make! Plus, it goes great with some classic stories…like these! *This post contains affiliate links. This means I make a small portion off of any purchases made through the links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for the grocery money! For my full disclosure policy, click here.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 2 Paper plates
- 2 Large googly eyes
- Hole punch
- Orange paint
- 2 Brads
- Glue stick
- Medium black pompom
- Medium pompom in any color
- Black Sharpie marker
- Stapler with staples
The process of creating is so vital to our development as human beings. And doing it making crafts with your kids is such a great way to encourage your child to grow and develop! You will never regret stopping for a moment and spending some time making together…easier said than done. I KNOW! So, I am here to make this actually possible by making every single project on this site from the SAME master list! Seriously! You will always have what you need without running out to Walmart one more time for that missing “ingredient”. Instead, you will be ready at a moment’s notice to pick a craft and get going!
Step 1: Fold and cut
- First, fold the 2 sides of one of the paper plates at an angle as pictured
- Then, snip the two sides of the nose and cut in ears. You can just eyeball this. They do not need to be perfect. To make it easier, first draw the ears with a pencil before cutting.
- Last, fold the front tab down and staple in place.
Step 2: Paint
- Place the folded plate onto a piece of newspaper
- Pinch the medium pompom (not black) with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Squeeze out some orange paint onto the newspaper
- Paint the top of the fox’s head and allow the paint to dry
As your child creates, be sure to give them lots of encouragement! No matter how the final product turns out, it is the process that matters. Let them know that their trying and striving and simply working with their hands really MATTERS.
Step 3: Add the details
- Once the paint has dried, fold the ears up
- Glue on the large googly eyes and black pompom using the glue stick.
- Draw on the remaining details (eg-whiskers, eyebrows, etc.) using the black Sharpie marker
Step 4: Make it a puppet
- Trim about 2 inches off of the second plate
- Fold in the sides to form a triangle
- Trim down the flaps so that they can fit under the top piece of the fox puppet easily
- Punch holes in the back of each side to hinge the puppet pieces together, and add a brad to secure.
Save this craft for later! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…