This paper bag soccer craft puppet turns your favorite player (or yourself) into an interactive craft. It leads to hours of creative play. Use the free craft template as a starting point for easy crafting. Customize your puppet with unique colors and choose a hair design from the templates provided (or make your own). Of course, you’re going to want to make more than one so that you can put on a puppet show or a soccer match.
Crafting with your kids could not be simpler…or more fun! when using craft flashcards. Get 100 sets today.
Fun Facts about Soccer (aka Futbol)
- American football and rugby emerged from soccer.
- Women have been playing soccer ever since the beginning.
- A game of soccer takes approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- The first international soccer game was in 1872.
- Greenland can’t participate in FIFA because it can’t grow enough grass for a soccer field.
- Goalkeepers where different colored jerseys.
- Soccer is the only major sports that doesn’t allow players (except goalies) to use their hands.
To learn more interesting facts about soccer, check out this article from The Edvocate.
Save this Soccer Craft for Kids for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper lunch bag
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Printable paper eyes (or googly eyes)
- Soccer player puppet template
Do you wish that you could find more time to craft with your kids? Well…we have the solution. Prep once by using our master list of craft supplies to fill your bag, and you’re ready to make everything that you see here. It could not be simpler.
How to make a Soccer Craft Puppet Craft
Step 1: Use the Soccer Craft Template
- Print the free soccer craft template.
- Use it to cut out all of the parts for your soccer player puppet from whatever colors of construction paper you like.
- Leave your soccer player bald or choose one of the hair designs from the templates. Or draw on some hair later.
Step 2: Make the Face
- Assemble the parts for the head of your soccer player, including hair (if you choose).
- Add the eyes to your soccer player’s face. You can use googly eyes or print and cut out eyes from our free paper eyes printble.
- Use your markers to add the mouth and nose and any other details you would like to the face.
- You may also want to cut out some ears (not part of template) and glue them in place, depending on what hair style you chose.
- Draw the soccer ball design on the smaller circle you cut out and glue it on the player’s head.
Step 3: Start Assembling Your Futbol Craft
- With the opening of the paper lunch bag on the bottom, start by gluing on the rectangle for the soccer uniform from the template in place, tucking it under the flap.
- Then add the head to the flap of the bag.
Step 4: Finish Off Your Paper Bag Puppet Craft
- Glue the hands onto the end of each arm.
- Add the sleeves to the tops of each arm.
- Then put the arms in place by gluing them at the shoulder.
- Use your markers to add any other details you would like.
Now that you know how to make this soccer player puppet, don’t stop at just one. He needs some teammates and maybe some oponents to play too. Then put on a puppet show.