Counting down the days until Christmas is a childhood right of passage. This simple printable Advent calendar is a fun and visual way to do that. Just add the cotton balls to Santa’s beard throughout December until it’s nice and fluffy by Christmas day.
Watch the beard grow each day throughout advent. You can combine it with a little treat or activity every time you add a cotton ball to the beard or just keep it simple.
Nourish Your Relationship with Your Kids as You Craft Together all Year Long…a Craft for Every Week.
Fun Facts about Santa Claus
- Santa didn’t always have a round belly. His current image comes from the poem “A Visit from Saint Nicholas” by Clement Clarke Moore .
- His favorite reindeer, Rudolph, is more than 80 years old.
- He has many nicknames, like Saint Nick, Jolly Old St. Nick, Kris Kringle and more.
- Leaving milk and cookies for Santa is a tradition that started during the Great Depression.
- There are othere gift givers, aside from Santa Claus, around the world. Swiss and German children have Christkind. Scandinavian children have an elf named Jultomten who is said to deliver presents in a sleigh pulled by goats. And in France, children are told Père Noël fills their shoes with goodies.
To learn more about Santa Claus and his history, check out this article by Fun Kids Live.
Combine Reading with Crafting
The best way that I can think of to elevate the crafting experience is to
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Crayons or markers
- Glue stick (or Elmer’s glue)
- Cotton balls
- Santa Advent Calendar Printable
This short list of craft supplies all come from the master list that we use for every single craft that we make here. It’s just 27 items that fit into one bag. Have you ever heard of a capsule wardrobe…basic items of clothing that you mix and match for tons of unique outfits? It’s like that…but for crafts. Cool…right? Fill your bag and craft along.
Save this Santa Claus craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
How to make an Advent Calendar
Step 1: Download and Print the Advent Calendar
- Download and print the Santa Advent calendar. It’s best to print it on cardstock if possible so that it stands up to some wear and tear throughout the entire month of December.
Step 2: Color the Santa Craft
- Get out the markers or crayons.
- Color your Santa Claus craft using whatever colors or designs you would like.
- You can even decorate the background of the picture.
Step 3: Build Santa’s Beard
- For each day in December, starting on December 1st, add a cotton ball to Santa’s beard.
- Start on number 1 until you reach 25…Christmas day.
- We used a glue stick to adhere the cotton balls.
Now that you have your Advent calendar ready to go, you can just follow the instructions as is or add your own twist. Maybe each time you add a cotton ball, you also share a little treat…or say something that you’re thankful for this holiday season…or do a good deed…or get a small gift. There is no wrong way to celebrate.