These super simple printable animal crafts are so much more than they seem. So many kids seek out sensory input to feel “just right”. And then there are those that are sensory averse and try to avoid sensation. In both instances, one of the most effective forms of sensory input to achieve regulation is proprioceptive (pressure through the joints). Using the hole punch is a great way for children to get the sensory input that they need. If you want to learn more about proprioception, check out one of my favorite articles on this subject from our friends at “The Inspired Treehouse”.
Another plus is that using the hole punch is an effective way to work on improving hand strength…and all while having fun! And, of course, so many of our kiddos are lacking in hand strength as they enter school, which can cause some difficulties with activities such as writing and using scissors.
This craft is great for little ones working on fine motor skills and sensory processing, but they will also be fun for older kids who just enjoy making things.
Save these paper crafts for later. Pin to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Crayons (or markers)
- Single hole punch
- Scraps of construction paper
- Glue stick
- Printable animal crafts
All of the supplies for this craft come from the very same master list that we use to create every single project and product on this site. That way, once you fill your bag, you are ready to go! No more prep, no more running to the store just to finish a project, no more putting off crafting with your kids because you just cannot find the time…No more excuses. Fill you bag today so that you are ready to go. (I promise you, the cost is low, and you probably have at least half of these things, if not more, in your house right now.)
Step 1: Print the Templates
- Download the printable templates and choose which spotted animal you want to create. *There are LOTS to pick from.
Step 2: Color the Animal Crafts
- Take the print out of the animal you have chosen to design and color it with your crayons or markers.
*Of course, we are picking one for an example, but you can keep crafting and making spotted animals until your heart’s content.
Step 3: Punch Out the Spots
- Pick some scraps of construction paper in colors of your choice.
- Use the single hole punch to create little dots for you to use in the next step.
Step 4: Decorate Your Printable Animal Crafts
- Now that you have punched out all of the spots for your animal, all you need to do it put them in place.
- Smear some glue where you want the spots to stick and sprinkle them in place.
- Then just gently press the spots down until you have as many in place as you would like. Every animal will be different. It is totally up to you how many spots you want to add.
And now that you have learned how to make these fun and simple animal crafts, keep downloading the printable animal crafts until you have made the entire collection. Of course, you may want to take a break or two…because there are so many (20 to be exact) cute and easy animal crafts to create. I know you are going to find something that you will love.