Paper Plate Snowman Craft (with FREE Template)
This adorable paper plate snowman craft is more than what you’d expect when you hear those words. Instead of just being a simple face of the snowman, it’s a 3D version in the form of a snowman mobile. You can hang it anywhere you’d like as a fun winter decoration.
And if you like this snowman craft, you’ll also love making this sledding craft, these snowy owls and this polar bear craft.
Nourish Your Relationship with Your Kids as You Craft Together all Year Long…
Fun Facts about Snowmen
- Building a snowman can be hard work. It burns more calories per hour than riding a bike or dancing.
- The first photo of a snowman was taken in pioneer days.
- In 1969, the classic Frosty the Snowman cartoon debuted.
- A small town in Maine built the largest snow woman know, coming in at 122 feet tall and using more than 13 million pounds of snow.
- In 2003, the town of Sapporo, Japan made 12, 379 snowman, outnumbering the occupants in the town.
To learn even more about snowmen, check out this article by Kidadl.
Combine Reading with Crafting
The best way that I can think to elevate the crafting experience is to combine it with reading a good book. Here are some of our favorite snowman themed books for kids…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plate (9-inch coated)
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Hole punch
- Washi tape (optional)
- Snowman craft template
What I’m about to tell you has the potential to change your relationship with your child…seriously. Crafting together can create a time where kids really open up and share. It goes beyond just making something and becomes and experience to build memories and strengthen bonds. But we never seem to quite get around to it with life moving as fast as it does.
To help you find the time to craft with your kids (because I know how much you want to), we approach things a little differently here. Instead of giving you a craft idea that you need to go out and gather supplies for and prep before you can even get started sitting down with your kiddo, we stick to a master list of basic supplies that fit into one bag.
All you need to do is take the list to your favorite craft store (or sit on your couch and browse Amazon), and you’re ready to go. We give you hundreds and hundreds of simple craft ideas that you can make with what you have in that bag. And I can’t wait to see all of the amazing things that you create with your kids, and the memories that you will forge together.
Save this Winter Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
How to make a Paper Plate Snowman Craft
Step 1: Cut a Spiral
- Cut your paper plate into a spiral, with the sections about an inch or so wide.
- When you get to the center, fold up a tab (as pictured).
Step 2: Use the Snowman Craft Template
- Download and print the free snowman craft template.
- Use it to cut out all of the parts for your snowman.
- Now add the hat to the head of your snowman.
- Cut out a carrot nose for your snowman.
- Then draw on the rest of the face for your snowman.
- We also added a little washi tape for the ban of the snowman’s hat.
Step 3: Begin Assembly
- Use the glue stick to attach the head of your snowman to the tab in the middle of the paper plate.
- Cut an idential head and hat and glue them to the back side so that the tab is sandwiched in the middle.
- Press firmly so that the glue takes hold.
Step 4: Add the Boots to Your Snowman Craft
- To place the boots, hold the plate up by the center and glue them in place.
Step 5: Give It a Hanger
- Punch a hole in the top of the snowman’s hat.
- Then attach a string about a foot long for the hanger.
Now that you know how to make this fun and simple paper plate snowman craft, what will you make next? There are so many fun winter crafts that you’re going to want to explore. Scroll a bit more for lots more winter craft ideas and inspiration. Happy crafting!
Enjoy this Snowman Story Video…
Winter Crafts for Kids
- Lacing Polar Bear Craft
- Ice Skate Craft
- Snowy Owls Craft
- Popsicle Stick Polar Bears
- Paper Plate Snowman Craft
- Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft
- Sledding Mobile
- Paper Mittens Craft
- Stuffed Penguin Craft
- Paper Bag Pengiuns
- Snowman Bookmark
- Lacing Pengiun Tummy
Comments are closed.