These very easy paper flowers are even better when made in multiples so that they form a bouquet. And did you notice the special detail…a sweet little ladybug on the petal? I love little surprising touches like that, don’t you. The best part about this paper flower craft is that you can customize it to whatever colors are your favorites. So really make these your own, including designing a fun flower pot.
Check out these 13 Super Cool Bug Crafts
Save these very easy paper flowers for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Construction paper (colors of your choice)
- Glue stick
- Paper Bag
- Metal brad (red if you have it)
- Black paint
- Red paint (if the metal brad is not already red)
- Paper plate
This is such a simple paper craft, and every single one of the items comes from the master list of basic craft supplies that we use for every single creative project on this site. It’s like having a capsule wardrobe that you can use in all kinds of combinations to create stunning outfits. But here we are making stunning crafts instead…and with so little effort.
Step 1: Prep the Paper for Your Flower
- Fold a piece of construction paper on half long-wise, slightly off center.
- Make snips all along the fold, each about 1/4″ wide. Do not snip through the paper but leave about an inch on the bottom of the paper uncut.
Step 2: Roll Up the Simple Paper Flower Craft
- Invert the cut paper along the fold and secure it in place using the glue stick.
- Then roll it up. Use a pencil to start the rolling process.
- Once it is rolled up, secure it with a couple pieces of scotch tape.
Step 3: Make Some Ladybugs
- Place your metal brads on the paper plate and squeeze out a bit of paint.
- If your metal brad is not red, use the paint to paint it red. Then let it dry.
- Once the red paint is dry, use the tip of a pencil to add the black details to the metal brad ladybug.
Step 4: Create a Paper Flower Pot
- Make a “pot” for your flowers by drawing a design on the front bottom half of a paper lunch bag.
- Then open it up and fold down the top of the paper bag about 3 times.
Step 5: Put Together the Paper Flower Bouquet
- Pierce the ladybug painted metal brad through the petal of your paper flower craft.
- Place the paper flowers that you have made into your pot. About 3 flowers fills it nicely.
Now that you know how to make paper flowers, here are some other designs for you to put into the bouquet. Give these very easy paper flowers as a gift or use them to brighten up a room. And even though we just put one ladybug on our flower, maybe you want to completely cover yours in these cute little bugs.