And the barnyard fun continues! Today we are making this very sweet sheep kids craft. Check out the rest of these barnyard animal crafts to go with your sheep: ROOSTER, PIG, COW, HORSE. Of course, as usual, make these animals your own. They do not have to look like the ones here. This is just a starting point, and then you take if from there. If you want your sheep to be orange or rainbow colored, that is what you should do! Feel free to use your imagination…it is your most important asset!
If you like this craft, you will LOVE this kids’ crafts ebook. Check it out!
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 3 Large popsicle sticks
- Black paint
- Medium pompom
- Elmer’s glue
- Glue stick
- Black construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Cotton balls
- Scraps of pink construction paper
- Pink patterned washi tape
- Sharpie marker
- Sheep Craft Template
If you are looking to spend more time creating with your kids, without all of the fuss, you have come to the right place! Check out our “fill your bag” page for the FREE printable list of items to put in your craft bag. Once you have made up your kit, you are done! Leave the rest up to me! When you find a free moment in your day, seize it! You will be ready. Just browse through this website with your kiddos and pick out a craft, you already have everything that you need to make it!
Step 1: Make the Triangle Frame
- Glue together 3 large popsicle sticks into a triangle frame shape using Elmer’s glue
- Allow the glue to dry thoroughly
- *You may want to prepare several triangle frames at once so that they are ready for other projects. Just keep them in your craft bag.
Step 2: Paint Your Sheep Craft
- Place the triangle frame on the newspaper
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Squeeze a little black paint onto the newspaper and paint the triangle frame
- Set aside and allow the paint to dry
Step 3: Cut a Paper Triangle
- Print the sheep craft template.
- Use the triangle image to cut a triangle out of the black construction paper
- Once the paint is dry, use the glue stick to attach the paper triangle to the back of the painted frame.
Step 4: Use the Sheep Craft Template
- Cut the other pieces out for your sheep, including the ears and a little bow.
- Decorate the bow with some washi tape. Cover it in the tape and then trim off the excess.
Step 5: Put Together the Farm Animal Craft
- Now that you have prepared the triangle base and have all of the parts cut out, it’s time to put it all together.
- Use the glue stick to attach the ears to the back of the triangle.
- Then switch to using the Elmer’s glue and attach at cluster of cotton balls to the top of your sheep’s head.
- Put the bow in place, either in the wool or on the neck.
- Finally, put your sheep craft eyes in place and use the black sharpie to add a couple of details, like the center of the ear and eyebrows.
Check out this Sheep Craft Video Tutorial
Save this sheep craft for later…pin it to your favorite Pinterest board!
And check out this other easy sheep craft.