And the barnyard fun continues! Today we are making this very sweet sheep kids‘ craft. Check out the rest of the characters: ROOSTER, PIG, COW (and one more to come). Of course, as usual, make these animals your own. They do not have to look like the ones here. This is just a starting point, and then you take if from there. If you want your sheep to be orange or rainbow colored, that is what you should do! Feel free to use your imagination…it is your most important asset!
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Black paint
- Medium pompom
- Elmer‘s glue
- Glue stick
- Black construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Cotton balls
- Scraps of black and pink construction paper
- Pink patterned washi tape
- Sharpie marker
If you are looking to spend more time creating with your kids, without all of the fuss, you have come to the right place! Check out our “fill your bag” page for the FREE printable list of items to put in your craft bag. Once you have made up your kit, you are done! Leave the rest up to me! When you find a free moment in your day, seize it! You will be ready. Just browse through this website with your kiddos and pick out a craft, you already have everything that you need to make it!
- Glue together 3 large popsicle sticks into a triangle frame shape using Elmer’s glue
- Allow the glue to dry thoroughly
- *You may want to prepare several triangle frames at once so that they are ready for other projects. Just keep them in your craft bag.
- Trace around the outside of the triangle frame onto black construction paper with your sharpie marker
- Draw a line inside what you have traced about 1/8″
- Place the triangle frame on the newspaper
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Squeeze a little black paint onto the newspaper and paint the triangle frame
- Set aside and allow the paint to dry
- First, cut out the black triangle
- Next cut 2 ears out of the black scraps of paper
- Last, cover the small scrap of pink paper with the washi tape and cut out a bow
- First, glue the black triangle onto the back of the popsicle stick frame using the glue stick
- Next, glue the ears onto the back of the triangle
- Fluff up the cotton balls and use the Elmer‘s glue to put some in place on top of the sheeps head
- Again, use the Elmer‘s glue to put the ribbon in place in the sheep‘s wool. I put mine in the sheep‘s wool on its head, but you can also make it into a bowtie if you prefer.
- Last, glue te googly eyes in place