Free Printable Christmas Craft
This free printable Christmas craft makes it so simple and fun to make a 3D holiday scene come to life! Just a few basic supplies (which you will find in your bag if you have followed our master list to stock up). Get the free printable Christmas templates for this version, but feel free to make your own version with whatever special things you want to put in your holiday scene. Make a Christmas memory and use this fun kids activity to save the memory.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plates (at least 4)
- Glue stick
- Construction paper
- Printable Coloring Sheet
- A Christmas morning photo (optional: you can also draw a picture)
Save this Christmas craft for kids for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
Step 1: Create the Floor
- Get out one of the paper plates and turn it over so that the bottom is up
- Draw a floor and color it in. You can make tiles or carpet or wood or really…ANYTHING! Use your imagination and make it your own. This does not have to be traditional. It can be a floor covered in candy or stripes. Put your personality into it.
Step 2: Print and Color
- Print out the FREE template (sign up below for access to the resource library)
- Color each piece of this free printable Christmas craft and then cut them out
***If you are crafting with a toddler or preschooler, let them do all of the coloring and drawing. Then help them with the cutting (or for very little ones do that part for them). Then have them help you place the various pieces and even pic a photo to use in step 5. Or they may want to pose for a picture to use in this holiday scene.
Step 3: Add stability
- Once the pieces of your Christmas scene are cut out, use the glue stick to attach them to a paper plate. This will give each element some stability.
- Cut each piece out again.
Step 4: Decorate for Christmas
- Decorate the Christmas printables with whatever items you have in your craft bag, like pompoms, washi tape, beads, etc.
*Let the glue dry before moving you finish step 6
Step 5: Pick a Pic
- Pick out a picture to put in your Christmas scene (or take one if you want)
- Cut the picture out into a silhouette and glue it onto a plate also to give it more stability.
- Again, cut the picture out.
Step 6: Put It Together
- Cut strips of construction paper about 1″ wide (or smaller if needed)
- Fold each strip into a triangle that is closed with glue.
- Use the triangles to connect each piece of the scene that you have created onto the colored paper plate.
Save this Christmas Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
Modified Instructions (no printer needed)
If you do not have access to a printer or just want to make this without the printable, that is totally do-able. Instead of using the printable, draw and cut the pieces from construction paper. And if you do not have a photo on hand, just draw a picture of yourself opening your favorite gift.
Your Christmas craft scene should be completely unique to you. If you want your tree to be pink or even to have no tree at all, that is just fine! Want to put a unicorn or a dinosaur in your scene? Great! You get what I’m saying. Make it your own and use your imagination. There are no rules here.