You might have noticed that this dolphin craft starts with the basic shape of a triangle. Here at “In the Bag Kids’ Crafts” we love to see what our imaginations come up with when we start with something super simple and basic, like the shape of a triangle. Give a try and see what you can come up with. Just make a popsicle stick triangle, take out your kids’ craft bag filled using our master list, and see where your creativity takes you!
If you like this dolphin craft, you are going to love these 45 Triangle Crafts for Kids in our exclusive eBook…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 3 Large popsicle sticks
- Glue stick
- 1 Small googly eye
- Elmer’s glue
- 2 Pieces light blue construction paper
- Light blue paint
- Medium pompom
- Dolphin craft printable
It is our mission here to make creating with your family more accessible. To do this, we take a unique approach…each craft on this site is made using the same master list of supplies that fit into one bag. I promise that half of the items (if not more) you already have on hand, and the rest are very basic and inexpensive. Once your bag is filled, you are ready to go! Now crafting with your family can happen anytime, anywhere with limited prep and less mess. Amen!!! Hallelujah!!! Let’s make something!
Step 1: Make the Triangle for Your Dolphin Craft
- Glue the 3 large large popsicle sticks into a triangle shape
- Allow the glue time to dry
- *You may want to make the triangles the day before and let them dry over night so that you are ready to go. As a matter of fact, make several so that you can craft away.
Step 2: Paint Your Dolphin Sea Animal Craft
- Place the triangle frame on the newspaper to minimize the mess
- Squeeze out a bit of light blue paint
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Now, paint your frame light blue. *This may take a couple of coats for good coverage.
- Set it aside and give the paint some time to dry while you move on to step 3
*Tip: After you paint the frame, immediately move it a little bit on the newspaper so that it does not stick. Move it a couple more times during the drying process.
Step 3: Use the Dolphin Craft Printable
- Print the dolphin craft template
- Use it to cut out all of the pieces for your dolphin craft from the light blue construction paper.
*If you do not have access to a printer, draw the parts as pictured and cut the pieces out. This should include a triangle that will go in the center of the popsicle stick triangle frame.
Step 4: Put the Dolphin Craft Together
- Now that the paint has dried, use your glue stick to attach the paper triangle onto the popsicle stick frame.
- Then glue the other parts of your dolphin in place. Use the featured image as a reference for how the dolphin goes together.
*For little ones, precut the pieces. They will have fun gluing the parts of the dolphin in place.
Step 5: Finish Off Your Jumping Dolphin Craft
- Glue the small googly eye in place.
- Add details to your dolphin craft for kids as desired using your markers
Now that you know how to make a dolphin craft, give him some friends! This dolphin craft for kids is so fun to make and goes great with the Octopus that we made yesterday, along with the CRAB, FISH, SEA TURTLE and OYSTER. And each comes with its own free template, found in the secret resource library.