This paper plate dog craft is super simple to make, especially when you use the template. But the best part is that his ears are floppy with just the pull of a string. This puppy face craft is kept basic, with just a couple of colors, but you can add as many details and colors as you want. Asa a matter of fact, you can even take the template and reshape the ears or the head. This is your puppy dog craft. Make it your own.
Save this Paper Plate Dog Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 2 Paper plates (9-inch coated)
- Single hole punch
- White yarn
- 2 Metal brads
- Black Sharpie marker
- 2 Large googly eyes
- Optional: scrap of black paper and glue stick
- Dog Paper Craft Printable
This paper dog craft takes just a few supplies which you already have on hand if you have used our master list to fill your craft bag. We stick to the master list to make every single creative project on this site to make your life just a little bit easier. Using this approach will help you find the time to actually craft together. And you will never regret the time you spend making things with your kids. Trust me.
Step 1: Use the Puppy Craft Template
- Print the puppy craft template and cut out the pieces.
- Trace around the face onto the bottom of a paper plate and cut it out. Mark where the holes are to be made.
- Then trace the ears onto another paper plate and cut them out. Mark where the holes are to be made.
- Use your single hole punch to make holes where you have marked.
*If you do not have access to a printer, draw the parts onto the paper plates freehand and cut them out.
Step 2: Decorate Your Puppy Craft
- Use the black Sharpie and other markers to add details to your paper plate dog craft.
- I colored the ears black and put some black spots on his face, but you should make your paper dog craft look however you want. Just use your imagination.
Step 3: Make Your Puppy Face Craft
- It’s time to give your puppy craft and adorable face.
- You can either draw on the nose or cut it out of a small piece of construction paper and glue it in place.
- Then draw on his smile an eye brow.
- Last, put the large googly eyes in place on your dog craft.
Step 4: Add the Floppy Ears
- Connect each of your paper dog craft ears with a metal brad. I used white brads so that they would blend in, but it is okay to use whatever color you have on hand.
- Be sure to use the bottom hole on the ears when you attach them. The top hole will be used in step 5.
Step 5: Make the Puppy Dog Craft Ears Floppy
- Turn the puppy face craft over so that you are looking at the back.
- Then cut 2 pieces of yarn about 6″ long each. We will trim away the excess.
- Using one of the pieces of yarn, tie one end to the remaining hole in one of the ears. Then tie the other end to the hole in the other ear. The yarn should be going straight across while the ears hang straight down.
- Trim away the excess yarn.
- Now take the second piece of yarn and tie it to the center of the first piece of yarn. This piece of yarn can be trimmed to whatever length you want. It will be the one that you pull to make the ears flop up and down.
Watch the puppy dog craft ears flop up and down with the pull of a string…
Now that you know how to make a paper dog face, make a bunch. Then put on a show or tell some stories. You can use them like puppets, flopping the ears up and down. I cannot wait to see your puppy crafts.
More Animal Crafts for Kids to Make
- Llama Craft
- Kangaroo Craft
- Ocean Animal Crafts
- Skunk Craft
- Tiger Craft
- Giraffe Craft
- Clothespin Animals (Tiger, Unicorn and Zebra)
- Paper Bag Squirrel Craft
- Axolotl Craft Puppet
- Sleeping Deer Craft
- Paper Bag Cats
- Paper Bag Owl Crafts
- Fluffy Bunny Craft
- Sleeping Cat Craft
- Clothespin Porcupine Craft