Starfish Craft (with FREE Printable Template)
This starfish craft is so simple to make. So, make lots of them in all kinds of colors and sizes. Then you can use them together to tell stories, make an art exhibit, or to decorate for a party. These would make great party decorations for any summer get together or beach themed party. Place them on the table or on the walls.
Save this Starfish Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Construction paper (color of your choice)
- Paint (slightly lighter or darker than the construction paper you chose)
- Single hole punch
- Metal brad
- Starfish template
The items on this list are already in your kids’ craft bag if you have used our master list to fill your bag. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to create with your kids without another trip to the store or preparing cut out cardboard pieces (which takes about an hour or preparation for 5 minutes of fun). Seriously, there is an easier way, and since you are here you have found it. Fill your bag and you will be ready to make every single creative project you find on this site…hundreds and counting!
Step 1: Use the Starfish Template
- Print the starfish template and choose a color of construction paper for your beach craft.
- Then pick a size of starfish to create and use the template to cut out the five legs of your ocean animal craft.
- Layer them all together and use the hole punch to put a hole in the top.
Step 2: Paint Your Starfish Craft
- Now that all of your pieces are cut out it’s time to add some details.
- Squeeze out a bit of paint onto your newspaper and place the cut out pieces on the newspaper also.
- Cluster together 3-5 q-tips and tap paint onto the legs of the starfish craft.
- Give the paint some time to dry before moving on to step 3.
Step 3: Put Your Ocean Animal Craft Together
- Now that the paint has dried, stack the starfish pieces on top of each other.
- Place a metal brad through the holes and separate the brad in the back to secure it.
Step 4: Form Your Starfish Art and Craft
- Now spread the legs of your starfish art and craft out into whatever shape you would like.
- You can keep changing how the legs are positioned.
Now that you know how to make a starfish craft, don’t stop there. Give him some friends and let the imagination go wild. How about making these sea animal crafts too?