This adorable bulldog craft is fun and simple to make. It’s even easier when you download the craft templates to use. Bulldogs are a special breed of dog and are known to make a perfect addition to any family. Of course, this paper plate version requires a lot less care and never barks.
You’re Going to Want to Make EVERY SINGLE Paper Plate Animal Craft in this Collection with Your Kids…
Fun Facts about Bulldogs
- The name bulldog was made official over 130 years ago.
- They have often been used as mascots for sports teams, like at Yale University.
- Bulldogs have a tendency to do a lot of snoring, drooling and farting.
- They come in 10 different colors and 4 different markings.
- This breed of dog is great with kids and make a wonderful family dog.
To learn more about bulldogs, check out this article by American Kennel Club.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 2 Paper plates (9-inch coated)
- Glue stick
- Construction paper
- Gray paint
- Googly eyes (or free printable paper eyes)
- Bulldog craft template
Making crafting with your kids a habit can be challenging…but so worth it. And our system really helps simplify the process so that you can craft as often as you can carve out a few minutes in your week. We stick to a master list of craft supplies for every single thing that we make…just 27 basic supplies that fit into one bag. Fill your bag and craft along.
Combine Reading with Crafting
The best way to elevate the crafting experience is to combine it with reading a good book. Here are some of our favorite books for kids about bulldogs (and other dogs).
Save this Dog Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
How to make a Bulldog Craft
Step 1: Paint the Paper Plates
- Lay out some newspaper on your crafting surface.
- Pinch a pompom with a clothespin to form a “paint brush”.
- Place the 2 paper plates on your newspaper, bottom side up.
- Paint the bottoms of both plates gray. *If you don’t have gray, just combine black and white until you have the color you want. You may also want to add a dab or red or blue.
Step 2: Use the Bulldog Craft Template
- Download and print the bulldog craft templates.
- Use them to cut out all of the parts for your bulldog craft.
Step 3: Attach the Plates
- Once the paint has dried, cut a couple of slits in one of the plates to create a tab about 2″ wide.
- Overlap the plates by about an inch or so.
- Apply the glue stick generously to the tab and attach the plates.
Step 4: Put It Together
- Use the glue stick again to attach the nose to the snout of your bulldog.
- Then add the snout and nose to the head of your dog craft.
- Now attach the legs and tail to the body of your dog.
Step 5: Make the Puppy’s Face
- Apply googly eyes or print and cut out eyes and glue them in place.
- Glue each of the ears in place.
- Then fold each down to look like typical bulldog ears.
Step 6: Finish With Some Details
- As a finishing touch, get out the markers and add whatever details you would like.
- We also decided to cut a little bone and heart for a special detail on the body of the puppy. You can add whatever fun details you would like.
Now that you know how to make a bulldog craft, it’s time to make it your own. We created ours using traditional gray colors for abulldog, but you can use cartoon like colors or whatever you like. Also give the dog its very own personality with accessories and special details. The only limit is your imagination.