Learn to make this colorful pineapple with just a few craft supplies, which are already in your bag if you have made up your kit. Get directions on the “fill your bag” so that you can craft with your kids at a moments notice with no extra prep needed!
There are few things more refreshing that sweet, ripe pineapple! And this summertime kids craft is so simple! So far, we have also made a strawberry and a pear. By the end of the week, you will have an entire fruit basket. Make them all or pick your favorite. As a group, they look like a real work of art, great for any kitchen, when framed or clipped onto a string to make a banner. You can even give it as a gift. Or make just one and put a magnet on the back so that it can go on the fridge. Whatever, you decide to do with it, send me a pic! I would love to see how you use these colorful little creations!
Get this simple triangle shaped craft, along with all of our fan favorites in the new kids’ crafts eBook!
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plate
- Yellow paint
- Glue stick
- 3 Large popsicle sticks
- Elmers glue
- Medium pompom
- Yellow tissue paper squares
- 2 Green pipe cleaners
- Yellow construction paper
- Glue 3 large popsicle sticks together with Elmers glue and let dry thoroughly
- While you are at it, make several so that you are ready to make more crafts, like the other fruit in this fruit basket series 🙂
- Trace the triangle onto the yellow construction paper
- The draw another triangle about 1/4″ inside the traced triangle
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to make a “paint brush”
- Place the triangle frame onto the paper plate
- Squeeze some yellow paint onto the paper plate beside it
- Paint the triangle yellow and set asside until it dries thoroughly
- Cut the inside triangle out of the construction paper
- Glue layers of the tissue paper onto the yellow triangle
- Trim away the excess
- Rough up the edges of the tissue paper just a little so that it stands up
- When the paint is completely dry, use the glue stick to glue the yellow triangle onto the back of the triangle frame. The tissue paper should show through the front.
- Cut pieces of the pipe cleaners and make loops to form “leaves”
- Glue to the top of the pineapple and do not move until the glue is completely dry. This may take some time…if you dont want to wait, cut a small leaf topper out of green construction paper and glue on with the glue stick instead.