Ghost Craft Halloween Mobile
This ghost craft is super simple to make and is a great Halloween decoration. Halloween is a spooky time of year but it’s also kind of magical in so many ways. This DIY holiday decoration can add a little more spooky to your Halloween party or just hang it around the house. Get creative with your tombstone message.
Save this Ghost Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plates (9-inch coated)
- Gray paints
- Medium pompoms
- Single hole punch
- White yarn
- Black sharpie marker
- Tombstone printable template
If this is your fist time visiting, welcome! And I want to let you in on a little secret…we do things a little bit differently around here. You will not need loads of supplies or tons of time to enjoy a creative experience with your kiddo. We do more with less and stick to a master list of just 27 basic craft supplies, all of which fit into one bag, to create every single creative project on this site and in our kids’ crafts collections. That means that once you fill your bag (which doesn’t include any glitter or items that take a ton of prep), you are ready to go. It’s that easy!
Ghost Craft Mobile Instructions
Step 1: Paint
- Squeeze out some darker gray (or black) paint onto a paper plate or newspaper.
- Then use a pompom to paint a base coat on the bottom or a paper plate. You do not need to paint the edges.
- Once it dries, tap paint a lighter color of gray on top so that you have a kind of granite look.
Step 2: Make Some Yarn Ghosts
- Make 3 white yarn tassels with, leaving a string about 12″ long at the top.
- Watch the video below to learn how to make the tassels.
- Once you have 3 tassels made, add some googly eyes to turn them into ghosts.
Step 3: Cut Out the Tombstone
- Print the tombstone template.
- Once the paint has dried use the template to cut out the tombstone shape for the base of your Halloween mobile.
Step 4: Write a Message on Your Halloween Craft
- Use your black sharpie marker to write a message on the tombstone, whatever you want.
Step 5: Punch the Holes
- Next, use your single hole punch to punch a hole in the middle on top of the tombstone.
- Then punch 3 holes, equal distance apart, on the bottom of the tombstone.
Step 6: Put Together Your Ghost Craft
- Cut a piece of yarn about 6″ long and put it through the top hole.
- Then tie a knot in it to form a hanger for your Halloween craft.
- Finally, attach the ghosts by lacing the yarn hangers on each through the holes on the bottom of the tombstone.
- Stagger the lengths of the yarn leading to each of the ghosts.
Now that you know how to make this ghost craft, maybe you want to try your hand at a few more Halloween crafts with ghosts. Check out these yarn wrapped friendly ghosts and this fun lacing ghost craft.