This bookmark flower design is a perfect way to show your love and appreciation for mom. They make great little homemade Mother’s Day gifts that you can personalize with a message on the stem or leaf, or even right in the heart center of the paper flower. Choose your own colors and details for the flower bookmark and really make it your own.
Save this Bookmark Flower Design for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Large popsicle stick
- Paper plate
- Medium pompom
- Green paint
- Construction paper (color of your choice for the top of the flower)
- Scraps of construction paper (green and color of choice for the center of the flower)
- Black Sharpie marker
- Stapler with staples
- Glue stick
I have some good news for you…If you have filled your bag using our master list of craft supplies to fill up your bag, you already have everything you need to make this flower bookmark. And, even better, you can make EVERYTHING on this site from the items in your bag. Crafting with your kids has never been this simple…less prep, less mess and way more fun!
Step 1: Paint the Stem
- Place a large popsicle stick on the paper plate and squeeze out a little bit of green paint.
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to make a “paint brush”.
- Paint the popsicle stick green. This may take more than one coat of paint.
- Set this aside and give the paint time to dry.
Step 2: Fold
- Choose a color of construction paper for your flower.
- Fold the piece of paper in half long wise and cut on the fold.
- Take half of the piece of paper and fold it into an accordion.
- Shape the ends with either a curve or slant.
Step 3: Secure in the Middle
- Fold the accordion folded paper in half.
- Then place a staple in the center of the paper on the fold.
Step 4: Make the Paper Flower
- Now spread out the accordion on one side so that the sections connection.
- Stick it together with the glue stick.
- Squeeze it together and hold it for a minute so that the glue takes hold.
- Repeat this process on the other side of the accordion fold so that it looks like the image below.
Step 5: Add a Center
- Choose another color of construction paper to use in the center of the flower.
- Fold a small scrap of the paper in half.
- Then cut out a heart shape.
- Use the glue stick to attach the heart in the middle of the flower. You will want to put some pressure on it, maybe even laying a small book on top, until the glue takes hold.
Step 6: Write a Message for Mom
- Cut a green leaf from a scrap of paper and use the marker to add some details.
- Use the glue stick to attach the leaf to the popsicle stick stem.
- Optional step: Add a message to the stem of bookmark flower design using the black Sharpie marker.
Step 7: Finish Your Flower Bookmark DIY
- For the final step, put a generous amount of Elmer’s glue on the popsicle stick stem and lay the flower head in place.
- Give the glue plenty of time to set up and dry.
And now you know what to make for Mother’s Day, personalize these flower bookmarks for your mom. Here are some ideas for thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to go with your flower bookmark design…