Ever heard the expression that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb? It definitely applies to the weather that we have here in western Pennsylvania as it comes in crazy and unpredictable and usually ends with sunshine and the flowers starting to come up. Maybe it’s like that in your little part of the world too. Today we’ll be making an easy March craft where we turn our lion into a lamb with just a few cotton balls. It’s the perfect toddler or preschool craft but can also be enjoyed by older kids too.
Celebrate Spring with This These Beautiful Paper Plate Bird Crafts…
Fun Facts about March
- In the US, March is a great month for basketball, with “March Madness” running from March 14 to April 5 in the NCAA.
- March comes from the Latin word Martius (aka Mars), the Roman god of war.
- There are lots of special days in March, including Pi Day on the 14, St. Patrick’s Day on the 17th and the Vernol Equinox (which gives a near equal split of day and night) on the 20th.
- You may have also heard to “Beward the Ides of March” which falls on the 15th.
For more interesting information about the month of March, check out this article from Almanac.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Glue stick
- Cotton balls
- Crayons or markers
- March craft printable
I love a simple craft that takes just a few basic supplies, but really it doesn’t matter how many supplies are on the list when crafting here because you already have everything in the bag. Just use our master list of craft supplies, just 27 inexpensive items that fit into one bag…and most of them you probably already have in your house right now. This way you won’t miss a moment of special time, making memories with your kids as you create together.
Save this March Preschool Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
How to make an Easy March Craft
Step 1: Choose a Lion Lamb Craft Printable
- Choose one of the lion printables for your Spring craft. There is a version that you can color and 2 that are pre-colored. It’s best to print onto cardstock if you have it.
- If you do not have access to a printer, simply draw your own picture of a lion onto a piece of light colored construction paper.
Step 2 (Optional): Color Your Lion
- If you chose the version of your craft that needs to be colored, use markers or crayons to color your lion.
Step 3: Make Your Lion Into a Lamb
- Now it’s time to transform your lion into a lamb as the month of March goes from being cold and blustery to warm and sunny.
- Pull some cotton balls to make them fluffy.
- Then use your glue stick to adhere cotton over the body and around the head of your lion so that he now looks like a lion in a sheep costume.
Now that you know how to make this Lion Lamb Craft to celebrate the start of Spring, what else will you do to enjoy this wonderful time of year. Go splash in some mud puddles, enjoy a rainbow, enjoy a new flower, listen to the birds sing or take a walk in the rain. It really is a wonderful time of the year.