Make one of these 13 backyard bird crafts with our latest ebook, including templates for each of the paper plate bird crafts.
This collection is a great way to celebrate Spring. But even more than that it is also a fun way to help kids learn about the birds in our backyard. True, they may not be the same birds that are in your backyard, but we know that you will love them and enjoy making them.
These birds might not be the same ones that are in your backyard. They are all native to the Eastern United States, but most of these birds are found all over the world. Some are tiny, like the hummingbird, to some of the bigger birds, like the woodpecker. There are vegetarians and bug eaters in the collection. Lots of them are named as state birds (some are state birds in more than one state), and a few are even good at recycling. You will love all of the things that you will learn about these unique little creatures.
Bird crafts are the perfect shape for using paper plates to make them. Some use the larger 9-inch paper plates and some use the 6-inch paper plates depending on the size of the bird. Make sure that you have both sizes on hand.
What’s in the Backyard Birds eBook?
- Thirteen Printable Templates which can be printed, cut out and traced onto construction paper to attach to the paper plates.
- Fun Facts about each bird so that you can learn as you craft, including a photo of the real thing.
- Step-by-Step Instructions for each of the bird crafts, along with photos for each step.
- Supply Lists for each of your crafts, along with Amazon links to make ordering even easier.
- Bonuses including video tutorials for simple painting techniques to use on your bird crafts, SVG files to use with your favorite cutting machine, and a PDF printable with bird accessories (eg-nest, worm, etc.)
The birds are decorated using super simple painting techniques with pompoms and q-tips. Video tutorials (included in the extras) will guide you through these basic techniques. You can make your birds as simple or elaborate as you like.
What birds are included in the paper plate bird crafts ebook?
- American Robin
- Northern Cardinal
- Northern Blue Jay
- Pileated Woodpecker
- Anna’s Hummingbird
- Barn Swallow
- House Sparrow
- Red-winged Blackbird
- Baltimore Oriole
- Black-capped Chickadee
- Tufted Titmouse
- Mourning Dove
So, who’s ready to craft some Spring memories? Just click the button…