This paper plate turtle craft is similar to lots of crafts that you might have seen out there. But there is one very important difference…my absolute favorite crafting supply…WASHI TAPE! It is the perfect thing for helping little ones work on their fine motor skills, as well as pre-scissors skills, working those hands together. Pulling, tearing, and placing the washi tape on the turtle’s shell gives it a colorful design while promoting skills the same time.
You may also like these turtle crafts:
Save this Turtle Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plate (9-inch coated)
- Green construction paper
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
- Washi tape (colors and patterns of your choice)
- Turtle craft template
Crafting with your kids does not need to be difficult…or messy! Use our simple system to simplify the process and reduce clean up. Fill your bag using our master list, and you’re ready to go. The 27 items that we’ve curated in this collection include only supplies that are affordable and versatile so that when mixed and matched the outcomes are amazing. You can make anything you find here with just the things in your bag.
Paper Plate Turtle Craft Instructions
Step 1: Color the Shell
- Color the bottom of the paper plate. This will be the start of your turtle’s shell.
Step 2: Use the Turtle Craft Template
- Print out the turtle craft template which is designed perfectly for preschoolers with its simple shapes to cut out. You can print this directly on to green paper if you prefer.
- Cut out the parts for your turtle craft using the template.
Step 3: Put It Together
- Glue the pieces of the turtle craft together. Add the legs, head and tail.
Step 4: Decorate the Turtle Shell
- Now it’s time to add a design to your turtle shell using the washi tape.
- This can be simple or elaborate. It can even just be pieces of tape torn and put in place.
Check out these examples of beautiful turtle shells that you can use for inspiration.
Step 5: Finish Off Your Paper Turtle Craft
- It’s time to add the final details.
- Put the googly eyes in place.
- Then add whatever details you like. After all, this is your turtle. Get creative!
Now that you know how to make this turtle craft, it’s really time to make it your own. Turtles are like people…no two are alike. So, be sure to use whatever colors and designs you want. The only limit is your imagination!