Peas in a Pod Craft (with FREE Craft Template)
This peas in a pod craft is so fun to make and can be used to give as a special little gift to someone special in your life. Write a special message on the front. You can even add a magnet to the back. We just placed our “peas” in the pod without any adhesive, but you can put a little glue to make sure that the pompoms stay put if you are gifting it.
And if you like this peas in a pod craft, you’re also going to love this collection of fruit craft, this watermellon fan or this food craft.
Nourish Your Relationship with Your Kids as You Craft Together all Year Long…
What is the Meaning of Peas in a Pod?
- “Peas in a pod” is a folksy saying that simply means that things are so similar you can barely tell them apart. This is often used to refer to people that are a lot alike and do everything together.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Green construction paper
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes (self-adhesive are best)
- Green pompoms
- Pea pod craft template
This craft takes just a few basic items, and you have everything that you need on hand if you’ve filled your bag using our master list. We stick to this same list of basic supplies for every single creative project that we make here. This may sound a little strange, but the system works. It makes it possible for you to find the time you didn’t think you had to make crafts with your kids. And I promise you that it will be time well spent.
Save this paper craft for kids for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
How to make a Peas in a Pod Craft
Step 1: Use the Peas in a Pod Craft Template
- Download and print the peas in a pod craft template.
- Use the template to cut out your paper pea pods from green construction paper.
- Be sure to fold the paper and place the fold where indicated on the template when cutting out your pea pods.
Step 2: Creat the Pea Pod
- Use the glue stick to put glue on the sides of the pea pod.
- *Do not glue along the top of the pea pod.
- Close the pea pod and press firmly so that the glue takes hold.
Step 3 (Optional): Write a Special Message
- Take your markers and decorate or write a message on the front of the paper pea pods that you have created.
Step 4: Make the Peas
- Choose some green pompoms. The smaller they are, the more will fit in the pea pod. With one inch pompoms you can fit about 2 peas in a pod.
- Press some self-adhesive googly eyes onto the pompoms.
- Then put your little peas into the paper pod that you created for your craft.
Now that you know how to make the peas in a pod craft, make a bunch! They are so fun to create and can be shared with your friends and family to let them know how special they are. Have fun with it!