This easy crab craft for kids is part of a series of ocean animals that you are going to absolutely love. Each sea creature just seems to be cuter than the one before. And your kids will enjoy making every single one! So, pull out that craft bag (you did fill it up using our MASTER LIST, didn’t you?) and get to creating!
If you like this, check out this fun kids’ craft eBook…
Save this Crab Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 3 Large popsicle sticks
- Elmer’s glue
- Red construction paper
- Glue stick
- 2 Small googly eyes
- Red paint
- Medium pompom
- Crab craft template
These supplies are already in your bag if you have used our MASTER LIST to stock up. Once you fill up your bag (and believe me, it won’t take much to do that) you will have what you need to make EVERY…SINGLE…CRAFT on this site. Being ready to create with your family at a moment’s notice when you finally find a few free moments is absolutely priceless.
Step 1: Make the Triangle for Your Crab Art and Craft
- Glue together 3 large popsicle sticks to form a triangle
- Allow the glue plenty of time to dry
*Tip: You may want to make up the triangle frame the night before to give the glue time to set up. As a matter of fact, make several of the triangle frames while you are at it because, around here, we use them a lot. Check out these other crafts that also start with a triangle frame: SUMMER FRUIT, FARM ANIMALS, DINOSAURS, PLAY FOOD
Step 2: Paint Your Crab Ocean Animal Craft
- Place the triangle frame on the newspaper to minimize the mess
- Squeeze out a bit of red paint
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”
- Now, paint your frame red. *This may take a couple of coats for good coverage.
- Set it aside and give the paint some time to dry while you move on to step 3
*Tip: After you paint the frame, immediately move it a little bit on the newspaper so that it does not stick. Move it a couple more times during the drying process.
Step 3: Use the Crab Craft Template
- Print the crab craft template.
- Use it to cut out all of the pieces for your crab craft from the red construction paper.
*If you do not have access to a printer, draw the parts as pictured and cut the pieces out. This should include a triangle that will go in the center of the popsicle stick triangle frame.
Step 4: Put the Crab Craft Together
- Use your glue stick to add the red paper triangle to the center of the painted popsicle stick frame.
- Then glue on all of the crab parts that you cut out in step 3. You can use the featured image as a reference for how to put the crab together.
Step 5: Finish Off Your Sea Animal Craft
- Glue the googly eyes in place
- Add details using your markers as desired. I added a little bit of outlining.