This paper plate pig craft starts with something so basic and turns into a fun kids activity for almost any age. To make crafting a little easier, we’ve included a free printable template. We painted our paper plates pink but you can choose to skip the mess and just use crayons or markers instead. But you definitely won’t want to skip the curly pig tail made from a pipe cleaner. That’s the best part.
You’re Going to Want to Make EVERY SINGLE Paper Plate Animal Craft in this Collection with Your Kids…
If you enjoy farm crafts, check out these other crafts to make with your kids:
- Popsicle Stick Farm Animal Crafts
- Painted Sheep Craft
- Horse Coloring Pages
- Painted Cow Craft
- Yarn Sheep Craft
- Peppa Pig Craft
Save this Farm Animal Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
Here are some of our favorite Pig Fun Facts
- Pigs are very intelligent, the fifth smartest animal in the world. They’re even smarter than dogs.
- They can run up to 11 miles per hour (that’s some serious fast food!)
- Pigs are actually very clean animals. So, maybe someone saying you live in a pig sty is a compliment?
- Mother pigs sing to their babies.
- Pigs enjoy playing with toys and each other. And they like belly rubs.
- Pigs do not sweat. That’s why they roll around in mud to cool off.
- They are very social and do not like to be alone.
- Learn more about pigs from the BCSPCA.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 2 Paper plates (9-inch coated)
- Pink paint
- Pompom (medium to large)
- Scotch tape
- Glue stick
- Pink pipe cleaner
- Pink construction paper
- 2 Large googly eyes (self-adhesive work best)
- Pig craft template
This adorable piggy craft starts with just a couple of paper plates. And, lucky for you, paper plates are one of the 27 basic items that you already have in your kids’ craft bag if you’ve used our master list of basic craft supplies to prep for crafting with your kids. We stick to this list for everything we make here and in our shop.
No prep crafts are the way to go! Choose any one of the hundreds of crafts that you see here, and you’re all set to start creating with your family right away with the items in your bag. This is not only a low prep way to make crafts, but it also keeps the process easy and clean up is a breeze. What are you waiting for? Fill your bag today!
How to Make a Paper Plate Pig Craft
Step 1: Paint the Paper Plates
- Lay out some newspaper on your work surface.
- Place the 2 paper plates, bottom side up on top of the newspaper.
- Pinch a pompom with your clothespin to form a “paint brush”.
- Squeeze out some pink paint onto your newspaper and paint the bottom of each paper plate. This may take a couple of coats for good coverage.
*If you want to skip the paint altogether, just use crayons or markers to make the bottoms of the plates pink instead.
Step 2: Use the Pig Craft Template
- Print the pig craft template.
- Use the template to cut out the parts of your pig from pink construction paper, including the nose and 4 legs.
*If you do not have access to a printer, just cut out a circle for the nose that is about 4 to 5 inches across. Then cut out 4 rectangles to use for the pig’s legs.
Step 3: Cut Out the Ears
- Once the paint has dried, take one of the paper plates and draw ears on the top with a pencil.
- Cut out the pig’s ears as pictured.
Step 4: Put Together Your Preschool Pig Craft
- Overlap the 2 painted paper plates, with the cut out ears laying on top of the other plate.
- Use the glue stick to attach the 2 plates to each other. *You will need to hold it for a minute to allow the glue to adhere properly. If you are having trouble getting the plates to stick together, use tape or staples instead.
Step 5: Add the Nose and Legs
- Cut a small strip of pink paper and create an accordion. Then attach it to the back of your pig’s nose. (This is an optional step.)
- Use your glue stick to attach the cut out parts of your pig craft, including the legs and nose.
Step 6: More Details for Your Easy Pig Craft
- Put the googly eyes in place. If you prefer, use our printable paper eyes for your animal craft instead.
- Then use your markers to add other details to this easy pig craft, like the nostrils and eyebrows.
Step 7: And Now for the Tail
- Finally, let’s add the piggy’s tail. Curl a pink pipe cleaner around your finger so that it forms a spiral.
- Next attach the pig’s tail to the unpainted side of the paper plate using scotch tape to keep it in place.
Now that you know how to make an easy pig craft, really make it your own. With a little imagination, you can turn this into some of your favorite characters, like the pig in Elephant and Piggie or even Peppa Pig. You can also add accessories or stickers to your pig craft. The only limit is your imagination.
Check Out This Sheep Craft Video Tutorial
Enjoy Making Even More Farm Animal Crafts
- Popsicle Stick Farm Animals
- Newspaper Sheep Craft
- Paper Plate Cow
- Painted Cow Craft
- Paper Plate Duck Craft
- Paper Plate Sheep
- Painted Sheep Craft
- Llama Craft
- Mother Hen Craft
- Paper Plate Sheep Craft