Sometimes the black sheep is the best one in the family. And this black sheep craft is extra special because of the recycled newspaper details. Of course, your sheep could be any color. Just use your imagination and make it your own.
And if you like this sheep craft, try this stuffed newspaper craft, little yarned wrapped sheep, sheep with wiggly ears or this popsicle stick sheep.
Save this Easy Sheep Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Construction paper
- Black paint
- Large pompom
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes (self-adhesive are best)
- Elmer’s glue (optional)
- Small black pompoms (optional)
- Sheep craft template
Making crafts with your kids is priceless. There are so many benefits, not to mention the fun you can have together. But who has the time?…YOU DO! That is, if you use our system of sticking to just one bag of basic craft supplies. By doing this you can prep just once and be ready to craft away with your kids. Use our master list to fill your bag and craft along today.
Combine Crafting with Reading with the Sheep Books for Kids
Black Sheep Craft Instructions
Step 1: Paint
- Choose a color of construction paper for the background of your sheep art and craft.
- On a piece of newspaper or on a paper plate squeeze out a bit of black paint.
- Use a large pompom to tape paint a large oval in the center of the paper.
- Set it aside to dry.
Step 2: Use the Sheep Craft Template
- Print the sheep craft template.
- Find a section of newspaper that is just plain print without pictures or color.
- Use the template to cut out the shape of the sheep’s head from the newspaper.
- Also cut out 2 small rectangles that are about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
*If you don’t have access to a printer, draw the sheep’s head and cut it out.
Step 3: Put It Together
- Once the paint has dried, glue the cut out newspaper sheep head and legs in place on your picture.
Step 4: Add the Details
- Put the googly eyes in place.
- Now use your marker to add other details the sheep craft, like a nose, smile, and whatever else you would like.
Step 5 (Optional): Amp It Up
- This step is completely optional, but if you’d like to pump up the craft let’s add a few more details.
- First, use your Elmer’s glue to add some black pompoms to the top of the sheep’s head for a wooly look.
- Then create a background for your black sheep using the markers. There is not right or wrong way to do this. Just be creative.
To make this a preschool sheep craft, just precut the newspaper pieces. Using the pompom to tap paint your sheep is the perfect way to improve fine motor skills in kids. And be sure to encourage creativity. I love seeing how every single sheep is different.
Check Out This Sheep Craft Video Tutorial
Enjoy Making Even More Farm Animal Crafts
- Popsicle Stick Farm Animals
- Newspaper Sheep Craft
- Paper Plate Pig
- Paper Plate Cow
- Paper Plate Duck Craft
- Paper Plate Sheep
- Fluffy Sheep Craft
- Wiggly Ear Sheep Craft
- Rooster Craft
- Llama Craft
- Paper Plate Sheep Craft