This easy sheep crafts are made even easier with a free printable sheep craft template. You can stick with basic black and white newspaper print or add some color by using the comics page for the body of your paper sheep craft. Honestly, this is your animal craft, and you should make it your own. If you like this stuffed newspaper animal craft, you should check out this panda and penguin.
Save this Lamb Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Stapler with staples
- Black construction paper
- Glue stick
- Black Sharpie marker
- 2 Large googly eyes
- Sheep craft template
I have some good news…we have found a way to make crafting with your kids take so much less prep! Because every single creative project at inthebagkidscrafts.com is made from items that are part of our master list of basic craft supplies…just 27 inexpensive and versatile craft supplies that fit into one bag. It really simplifies the process and makes crafting with your kids actually do-able, even when life is hectic.
Step 1: Cut Out the “Fluff”
- Choose a piece of newspaper with lots of basic print and no big pictures or a lot of color…
- OR pull out the comic page.
- Cut a large cloud shape out of two layers of newspaper.
Step 2: Use the Sheep Craft Template
- Print the sheep template
- Then cut out the parts of your paper sheep craft from the black construction paper.
Step 3: Staple
- Sandwich the sheep’s feet in between the 2 pieces of newspaper in place at the bottom.
- Secure each in place with a staple.
- Then staple around the rest of the pieces of newspaper, keep the staples close together.
- Leave a section of the sheep body open so that it can be stuffed.
Step 4: Add Details to Your Sheep Crafts
- Get our your black Sharpie marker and make swirlies on the body of your sheep craft.
- This step is optional, but the fun is in the details.
Step 5: Start Putting It Together
- Take the sheep craft template that you cut out back in step 2, and glue the ears onto the sheep’s head.
- Then glue the head in place on the newspaper sheep body.
Step 6: Add to Your Sheep Art and Craft
- Now let’s give the sheep a little personality.
- Put his googly eyes in place.
- Then use the black sharpie to add the nose and any other details that you want.
Step 7: Stuff Your Sheep Crafts
- The final step is to add a little “fluffiness” to your sheep craft.
- Tear strips of newspaper and crumple them up.
- Then place them one at a time in the opening that you left in the sheep’s body.
- *Don’t overstuff, and you can use a pencil to push the crumpled up pieces into all of the sections of your lamb craft.
- When it is sufficiently stuffed, use your stapler to close up the opening.
Now that you know how to make this easy sheep craft, it is time to really make it your own. You can use it to tell almost any story…make it the lost sheep craft, or Mary had a little Lamb, or Little Bow Peep’s lamb…or whatever you want! Make lots of sheep crafts and have a tea party with them. The options are endless!