This Humpty Dumpty craft is the perfect thing to pair with story telling and singing for an entire experience with your kids…creating memories. This nursery rhyme has always led to more questions, as far as I’m concerned, but maybe it’s just for fun. Let’s keep Humpty on the wall and tell his story.
Crafting with your kids could not be simpler…or more fun! than when using craft flashcards. Get 100 sets today for just $19.
The Humpty Dumpty Lyrics and More
There are differing views on who “Humpty Dumpty” actually represents, but he is depicted as an egg in fairy tales. We first see him as an egg in the novel “Through the Looking Glass” by Lewis Carroll in 1872.
The lyrics for the famous poem go like this…
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.Unknown
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
couldn’t put Humpty together again.
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- White paper lunch bag
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes (or printable paper eyes)
- Glue stick
- Stapler with staples
- Markers and/or crayons
- Humpty Dumpty craft template
Have you ever been in the middle of making a new recipe for dinner and realize that you don’t have the key ingredient? That’s what it’s like to plan to make crafts with your kids and realize that you don’t have what you need to make it happen. But I have a simple solution…fill your bag using our master list of craft supplies, and you’ll always have what you need to make ever craft that you see here…without fail. Don’t you love it?
Save this Nursery Rhyme Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
How to make a Humpty Dumpty Craft
Step 1: Prep the Lunch Bag
- Place the paper lunch bag flat so that the bottom is facing up.
- Fold the top of the bag down about 2 to 3 inches.
- Then fold in the top corners at an angle, about 45 degrees.
Step 2: Draw on the Pants
- Turn the bag over to the front.
- Use a blue marker or crayon to draw a line across about 3 inches from the bottom.
- Color in the space from the line to the bottom of the bag.
Step 3: Use the Free Humpty Dumpty Craft Template
- Download and print the Humpty Dumpty craft template.
- Use it to cut out all of the parts for your Humpty Dumpty craft, including 2 mittens, 2 boots, 2 arms, 2 legs and a bow tie. Choose whatever colors you like for your craft.
Step 4: Prep the Arms and Legs
- Use the glue stick to attach the gloves to 2 of the strips of paper you have cut to form the arms.
- Take the 2 strips of paper that you cut for the legs and fold them into an accordion.
- Attach the boots to the bottom of the legs.
Step 5: Make His Face
- On the front of the bag, add Humpty Dumpty’s bow tie using your glue stick.
- Draw on his smile and add the googly eyes.
- Add any other details that you like using crayons and markers.
Step 6: Begin Assembly
- Now add the arms and legs to the body of your Humpty Dumpty.
- Use the glue stick to attach the legs to the back of the bag on the bottom.
- Then glue the arms in place on the back of the bag, with the arms slightly angled.
Step 7: Stuff It
- Tear strips of newspaper and crumple them up.
- Open up the top of the paper lunch bag and place the balls of newspaper inside one at a time.
- Fill the bag with cumpled newspaper but don’t over stuff.
Step 8: Close It Up
- One the bag is stuffed with newspaper, fold the top and corners back down like they were.
- Slide the stapler under the flap and staple each of the corners down.
- Last, staple securely down in place.
Humpty Craft Option 2
Manipulating the paper bag can be a little bit challenging. You can choose to assist with these steps, or you can go a slightly simpler route by using the egg template instead. It’s included with your Humpty Dumpty craft templates. Anywhere in the instructions where the paper bag is used, replace it with the flat cut out egg that you can cut using the template.
Now that you know how to make this Humpty Dumpty craft, put your own spin on it. Change up the colors or give him a special item to hold. And make him some friends, like this paper bag elf.
- Princess and the Frog Crafts
- Cinderella Crafts
- Cow Jumped Over the Moon Craft
- Little Red Riding Hood Crafts
- Three Little Pig Crafts
- Dragon Craft
- Princess Coloring Pages