There are so many reasons why Curious George has stood the test of time. First of all, he’s adorable. And he just really brings out the child in all of us with his curious nature and knack for getting into mischief. This Curious George craft is fun and simple to make with the free printable craft template. And we’ve included the big yellow hat, but you can change that up and make Curious George with accessories that act out your favorite story.
Make Even More Crafts with Your Kids (You’ll be so happy you did)
Read a Curious George Book to go along with your craft.
Save this Monkey Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Paper plate (9-inch coated)
- Brown paint
- Tan and yellow construction paper
- Scrap of brown and black construction paper
- Glue stick
- 2 Large googly eyes
- Curious George craft template
Like all of our crafts here, the supplies in this list to make Curious George are part of the master list that we use for every single creative project, both on this site and in our kids’ craft collections. And we do this to make crafting with your kids actually do-able, even when life is hectic (and when isn’t it?). Once you fill your bag, your prep is done. Just pick a craft, and you are ready to go. It’s that simple.
Curious George Craft Instructions
Step 1: Paint
- Lay out a piece of newspaper to control the mess
- Place your paper plate on the newspaper, bottom side up, and squeeze out some brown paint
- Pin your pompom with the clothespin to form your “paint brush”
- Paint the bottom of your paper plate brown. This may take a couple of coats for good coverage.
- Give the paint some time to dry.
Step 2: Use the Printable Craft Template
- Print the craft template to make this step easier.
- Cut the hat out of yellow construction paper. (I also cut a black band for the hat out of a scrap of paper.)
- Now cut his ears out of brown construction paper.
- Last, cut the center of his face and ears out of a tan or flesh-toned construction paper.
Step 3: Glue It
- Use your glue stick to add the band to your yellow hat (optional)
- Then glue the centers of the monkey’s ears in place.
Step 4: Draw the Curious George Smile
- The key to making this monkey look like Curious George is the big smile. Use a black marker to add this detail to the cut out face.
- Then draw on his nose.
- Last, put the large googly eyes in place. *Notice that they are spaced rather wide apart.
Step 5: Put Together Your Curious George Craft
- Now it’s time to put it all together.
- Once the paint has dried, attach the cut out face of Curious George to the paper plate.
- Also glue on the ears and the hat.
- Give the glue a minute to set up before playing with your creation.
Now that you know how to make Curious George, what will you do next? Maybe make some friends for him so that you can use your imagination and tell some stories.
More Cartoon Crafts for you to try
- Paw Patrol Puppets
- Peppa Pig Craft
- Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Baby Shark Puppets
- Minnie Mouse Pouch
- Mickey Mouse Newspaper
- Pete the Cat Mobile
- Cruella Devil Craft
- Popsicle Stick Dalmatian Crafts
- Horton Hears a Who