This rabbit craft is so much fun to make and goes together quickly. Learn to make a simple pompom to make your bunny extra fluffy. And use the free printable template to make crafting easier. Add whatever details you want to make this bunny unique and truly your own. Get that imagination going. Once you start, you’re going to make a bunch of rabbits.
Save this Rabbit Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- White yarn
- Paper plate
- Glue stick
- Small white pompom
- Elmer’s glue (or Glue Dots to save time)
- Googly eyes (self-adhesive work best)
- Rabbit craft template
You clearly want to make crafts with your kids (or you wouldn’t be here), but I know that life moves quickly. And even with the best intentions, we often don’t get around to doing the things with our kids that we plan. But all of that ends now when it comes to making crafts together because we have found a way to remove the usual barriers. Fill your bag using our master list of 27 basic items, and you are ready to go. Just pick a craft from our hundreds on this site and in our kids’ craft ebooks. No more prep than that.
Fluffy Rabbit Craft Instructions
Step 1: Start the Pompom
- Fold a paper plate in half and trim off the sides until you have a rectangle approximately 5″ across..
- Cut a small slit in the middle. Now you have a pompom maker template.
- Wrap the white yarn around and around your pompom maker until it is nice and fluffy.
- Cut a piece of yarn about 12″ long. Then lace it through the slit and tie it around the bundle of yarn. Pull it as tight as you can without breaking anything.
- Tie a double knot.
Step 2: Finish Off the Pompom
- Slide the wrapped yarn off of the pompom template.
- Then trim it into a round fluffy pompom as pictured.
Step 3: Use the Rabbit Craft Template
- Print the rabbit craft template. It’s best to use cardstock if you have it.
- Cut out all of the pieces for your bunny craft.
Step 4: Put It Together
- Use your markers to draw on the center of the rabbit ears.
- Rolls the head of the bunny back and secure it with your glue stick.
- Then glue the rabbit ears in place as pictured.
Step 5: Add the Fluff to Your Rabbit Art and Craft
- Cut the slits on the 2 sides of your rabbit’s tummy (according to the template)
- Place the pompom on the rabbit’s back with the 2 long strings on the bottom.
- Slide the long strings in the slits and tie it securely on the bottom of your bunny.
Step 6: Add the Bunny Face
- Put the googly eyes in place.
- Next draw the face onto your rabbit craft
Step 7: And a Tail
- For a finishing detail, add the little white pompom tail to the bunny craft template with some glue.
- OR if you really want to avoid the wait time for the glue to dry, use a Glue Dot instead to attach the small pompom rabbit tail.
Now that you know how to make this rabbit craft, you may also like to make these other adorable bunny crafts too: