This paper cat craft is so completely adorable…don’t you think? Really, I guess it’s several cat crafts since your can customize this project to look like any cat that you want. Maybe you want to make it look like your pet or maybe your want to make it look like your favorite cartoon cat. There are three templates for your use to begin the design, but you can also draw a design that is completely different. Just use your imagination!
Save this Paper Cat Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Black Sharpie marker
- Stapler with staples
- Glue stick
- Construction paper (color of your choice for the head of the cat)
- 2 Small googly eyes (self-adhesive work best)
- 2 Pipe cleaners (colors of choice for the cat’s tail)
- Cat craft template
I want to let you in on a secret…using less supplies does not mean limiting imagination. As a matter of fact, we stick to the same 27 basic craft supplies that fit into just one bag for every…single…craft on this site. Seriously, we do not stray from this master list. And look at all of the things that we can make with less prep, less mess and loads of fun!
Step 1: Start Your Paper Cat Craft
- Take your brown paper lunch bag and fold back the top third.
- Then get your black Sharpie marker out and draw the cat’s legs on the bottom of the bag as pictured. You can show all 4 legs or just the 2 that you see on one side. Keep it simple.
- Color in the space around the legs.
Step 2: Use the Cat Craft Template
- Print out the cat craft template and choose one of the designs to use for your cat’s head.
- Roughly cut out the cat head and place it on top of the construction paper in whatever color you choose.
- Also roughly cut out that section of construction paper.
- Now, with the template and construction paper sandwiched together, cut out your cat’s head.
Step 3: Add Some Cat Craft Ideas to the Design
- Use your crayons to add details to the head and body of your cat craft.
- *This can be traditional or you can make your cat more cartoon-like. This is your craft. Make it how you want!
Step 4: Make Him Smile
- Cut out or draw on a cat nose.
- Now stick on the googly eyes.
- Finally, go back with your sharpie marker and finish the details of the cat face, like a mouth, whiskers and eyebrows.
Step 5: Put Together the Cat Craft
- Now that all of the parts of your paper cat craft are finished, it’s time to put it together.
- Use your glue stick to attach the cat’s head to the paper bag body.
- Give the glue a minute to set up before you move to the next step.
Step 6: Stuff the Paper Cat
- It’s time to open up the top of your brown paper lunch bag.
- Tear strips of newspaper and crumple them up.
- Add the crumpled strips of newspaper one at a time to the inside of the lunch bag until it is loosely filled up to the fold line.
- *Do not overfill. It only takes a little.
Step 7: Close It Up
- Now that you have filled the inside of the brown paper lunch bag with crunched up newspaper pieces, fold down the top of the bag 3 times.
- Secure the folded section with a staple on each side.
Step 8: Give Your Paper Bag Animal a Tail
- Finally, it’s time to give your paper cat craft a tail.
- Twist together 2 pipe cleaners (colors of your choice).
- Fold the end slightly just to secure the pipe cleaners together and so that the end is not sharp and pointy.
- Now tuck the other end into the folded section of the paper bag. You will not need to add any glue to secure it because it will stay put all on its own.
Check out these Cat Books to go with your Cat Craft…
Save this Kitty Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
Now that you know how to make this paper cat craft, how about creating an entire little of kittens? Make a bunch, create games and stories with them, play away! And be sure to make these kitty crafts as unique and individual as you are. This is your craft. So, really make it your own. Maybe your cat is rainbow colored with hearts all over him. Or maybe he wears a tutu. Create a mouse for him to play with or make him an owl sidekick. Just have fun!