This easy paper bunny craft is so fun to make and goes together in about 5 minutes. It’s the perfect Easter activity to complete while waiting for dinner to get on the table. Or you can make it any time. There is never a bad time for these bunny craft ideas. And then use this bunny art and craft to decorate the room for the holiday. It’s amped up a level with the newspaper accents that are so simple to tear and apply. Give it a try.
This is the perfect time to make these beautiful paper plate bird crafts and learn about our feathery friends…
Save this Easy Paper Bunny Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Piece of construction paper (color of your choice)
- Glue stick
- Black Sharpie marker
- White paint
- Medium to large pompom
- Elmer’s glue
- Small pink pompom
- 2 Large googly eyes (25mm self-adhesive recommended)
- Scrap of construction paper (for the bow tie)
- Paper plate
I want to let you in on a little “secret”. This craft, like every other craft on this site, is made with supplies that are on the master list. Sticking to the same 27 basic supplies may seem like it would limit creativity, but really it frees us up to make craft after craft without stopping. And it will make crafting with your kids easier too, actually do-able, even when life is hectic.
Check out these Bunny Books:
How to Make a Paper Bunny Craft
Step 1: Paint the Paper Bunny Craft
- Pinch the pompom with the clothespin to form a “paint brush”.
- Squeeze a little white paint onto the paper plate.
- Tap the pompom into the paint and then tap it onto the paper to make an oval for the bunny’s face.
- Then tap some more white paint on to make the craft bunny ears and a body.
- Give the paint a minute to dry. It should not take long.
*If you are making this craft with a little one, you may want to draw an outline of the bunny head for them to paint inside the lines as much as possible.
Step 2: Add the Newspaper Accents to Your Rabbit Craft
- Choose a section of newspaper that is mostly print, not pictures or ads. And, please do not use the obituaries. That is just in bad taste.
- Tear 2 circles out of the newspaper, about 2 inches across. This will be your bunny snout.
- Then tear 2 long strips of newspaper to be the inside of the easy paper bunny craft ears.
- Finally, use the glue stick to put the newspaper pieces into place on your bunny art and craft.
Step 3: More Easy Paper Craft Bunny Details
- Put a dot of Elmer’s glue in the center of the bunny’s face and glue the little pink pompom in place for his nose.
- Give the glue a little time to dry.
- Then stick the googly eyes in place.
Step 4: Get Out the Sharpie
- You can keep crafting while the glue on the nose is drying but be careful not to move the paper around too much.
- Use the black Sharpie marker to add a few details onto the easy paper bunny craft, like eye brows, whiskers and whatever else.
Step 5: Give Your Bunny Craft Personality
- For the final detail, cut out a bow tie for your easy bunny craft and decorate it with the markers.
- Glue the bow tie in place.
Now that you know how to make a bunny craft with these awesome newspaper details, be sure to make it your own. Yes, the easy paper bunny craft pictured has a polka dot bow tie, but that doesn’t mean that yours needs to look the same. This is your Easter bunny craft, and you should give it whatever details you want. As a matter of fact, yours doesn’t need to look anything like this one. Put your own personality into it. The only limit is your imagination.
Learn to Make Another Bunny Craft with This Easy Video Tutorial
Make More Easter Crafts for Kids too…
- Popsicle Stick Easter Characters
- Easter Basket
- Paper Plate Bunny
- Bunny Wreath
- Squish Paint Eggs
- Easter Chick
- Popsicle Stick Ducky
- Popsicle Stick Easter Eggs
- Fluffy Bunny
- Popsicle Stick Bunnies
Save this Easy Rabbit Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…