There is a lot of togetherness right now. And that can be a good thing…but it can also be A LOT sometimes. This simple little paper chain craft is designed to help break up the boredom. It is filled with boredom buster activities for kids. You just pull a link off when things are getting to be a bit much and you need to change things up for a bit. Each activity should take about 30 minutes or less.
To get you started, I have come up with 50 fun boredom buster activities that you can use with your family! (like create an obstacle course, go to an amusement park virtually, develop a secret family handshake…and so many more!)
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Stapler with staples
Step 1: Make the Strips
- Choose your favorite colors of construction paper
- Cut strips approximately 1 1/2 inches wide.
Step 2: Writing
- Decide on what activities you will use for your boredom breakers. Sign up below for ideas to get you started…
- Write each activity on a separate strip of paper
Need some ideas to get you started? Here are 50!…
Step 3: Make the Links
- First, roll one of the strips into a circle and staple it to form the first link. The writing should go inside so that it is more of a surprise when a link is removed.
- Then, slide the second strip of paper through the first and staple it into a circle.
- To finish it off, keep making links in the same way until the chain is as long as you want it to be.
Using a stapler is a great tool for working on hand strength!
How to use your “Boredom Buster Paper Chain”
- Pull a link off of the chain any time you want to mix things up a little
- Complete the activity!
- It’s as simple as that…