Easy Lion Craft Made with Paper
This lion craft is a great example of what you can do with just a few pieces of paper. It really doesn’t take much time or money to craft a memory with your family. There are so many crafts like this one. Check out this white tiger craft that takes just a few supplies but leaves so much room for creativity. You will never be sorry that you took the time to make crafts with your kids. And why not start with this paper lion craft.
Save this Easy Lion Craft for later. Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board…
Fun Facts about Lions
- African lions live in groups called prides.
- Lions have a roar that can carry up to 5 miles away.
- They can run up to 50 mph and can jump as far as 36 feet.
- There are some very rare white lions.
- Lions eat mainly meat and the lionessese do much of the hunting.
- They have amazing vision.
To learn more about lions, check out this article by National Geographic Kids.
Check out these books to go with your Lion Paper Craft
SUPPLIES FROM THE BAG
- 4 Pieces orange construction paper
- 1 Piece yellow construction paper
- Scraps of black and orange paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Stapler with staples
- 2 Large googly eyes (self-adhesive are best)
- Glue stick
- Lion craft template
This is basically just a paper craft for kids. So few supplies needed…but no matter how many supplies are on the list for any craft on this site you will already have everything that you need if you have filled your bag. What do I mean? So glad you asked…we use the same master list of basic craft supplies for everything that we make here. It makes crafting with your kids so much easier and amps up the fun.
How to Make a Lion Craft
Step 1: Fold the Paper
- Layer 2 of the pieces of orange paper and lay it in front of you in landscape position.
- Fold them in an accordion with each fold about 1″ wide.
- Repeat this with the other 2 pieces of orange paper. Be sure to keep the folds as close in size as possible.
- Take the pieces of paper apart so that you end up with 4 accordion folded pieces of orange construction paper.
*If you are attempting this lion craft with a preschooler,
Step 2: Staple and Glue
- Take one of the accordion folded pieces of paper and fold it in half.
- Then staple on the fold. I used 2 staples for this.
- Repeat this for each piece of orange paper.
- Use the glue stick to glue one of the accordion folded stapled sections into a wedge.
- Repeat this for each of the accordion papers.
- Give the glue a little time to dry.
Optional Step: Cut a Pattern
- Squeeze the folded paper together and cut a slant on the end.
- Repeat this for each section, keeping the cuts as similar as possible.
Step 3: Finish the Lion Craft Mane
- Now take each of the accordion wedge pieces that you have made and start to glue them together with the glue stick.
- Keep going until you have created a circle. This will be your lion craft mane.
Step 4: Use the Lion Craft Template
- Print the lion craft template and cut out the parts.
- Then trace the parts onto the appropriate colored paper.
- Cut out each piece.
- *If you do not have access to a printer, just draw the pieces and cut them out.
Step 5: Add Details to the Lion Face Craft
- Glue the lion’s nose and hair tuft in place.
- Then use the black sharpie to give him a smile.
- Add other details with your markers.
- *Hold off on putting the eyes in place.
Step 6: Put Together Your Craft Lion
- Generously cover the back of your lion craft head with the glue stick.
- Next, place the face onto the orange circle you created earlier. This is his mane.
- To help it stick, place something light weight (like a box of crayons or a couple of coloring books) on top for just a couple of minutes while the glue sets up.
- Last, put the lion’s eyes in place.
Now that you know how to make a lion craft, put your own spin on it. Take this lion face craft and really make it your own. You could make it the center piece in your Bible craft about Daniel and the Lion’s den or another story of your design. Maybe your lion has a pink mane or wears a bow in its hair. Or maybe your lion art and craft has polka dots or stripes. The only limit is your imagination.
More Paper Crafts for Kids to Try
We love paper crafts so much. You can check out this article for 100 paper craft ideas.
- Armadillo Craft
- Crocodile Craft
- Woodland Animal Crafts
- Elephant Craft
- Paper Chain Boredom Buster
- Paper Hammerhead Shark Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Craft
- Shapes Art and Craft
- Bumblebee Craft
- Paper Possum Craft
- Paper Shark Craft
- Paper Mouse Craft
- Simple Paper Flowers
- Paper Hedgehog Craft
- Life-Sized Sunflower
Comments are closed.